Which Ops pick up at Aura??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Staying at the Aura (soon to be Secrets?) December 12-18. What dive ops are close and will do a pick-up from the pier there? Hoping to find an op that will rinse and store our gear while we're there so we can just board in the morning and go diving! Looking for small groups (6-8 max). My wife and I plan on doing 2 dives/day for 3-4 days. Any help is appreciated. Have read that Dive Palancar is close and would fit what we want and Aldora looks like an op we would like too.

Thanks for the help!

I believe that most of the shops will pick up at that location. As for the gear storage and rinsing, many shops will probably provide that service, especially if there was a tip provided to the shop manager on the first day :wink:

I've used the Aura pier 4 times in the last 3 years. Have to agree with mjatkins most ops will pick you up. After all you are South and in the middle of most diving sites. As far as gear storage and cleaning have no idea since I've never done this. When choosing a dive op consider the pick up times. I like Dive with Martin because they picked up early usually between 7:45 and 8. Others are a lot later.

We have stayed at Aura and the propoerties close to it. Any op can pick you up at the Aura wooden pier which is very close to the hotel - easy. In past years they were trying to charge $3 per diver per day but I have not seen any of that lately. Dive Palancar is the onsite op but I think they bring their boats to Aura from another hotel further south. Further, and check Dive Palancar's website, I recall they do single tank dives so the leave, dive and come back to Aura and do another one on a schedule. So we got the impression that the traditional first deep dive then second shallower dive was not part of the plan. We do 2 dives per day, everyday and add in night dives.

I don't believe Dive Palancar rinses, stores and sets up gear but confirm with them if you want to use them. Your preferences suggest an op the uses six or 8 pack boats and would be called a boutique type op. Mine is like that and will pick up at my hotel, rinse and store gear. Plug for mine - Cozumel Scuba Diving | Go diving in Cozumel with BottomTimeDivers dive operator and email contact is best. I rent 100 CuF AL tanks but they normally use AL80's and Aldora I think has larger capacity tanks (steel 120's I think but posters here will keep me honest). Most dive ops will be coming south from marinas so the pick up time is what you'll want to find out.

There are quite a few types of ops that provide the type of service you want so I would search posts in this forum but maybe more specifically the rosters by month of people going which will have the dive op they use and look up their services on their websites.

Opal's Dream will also pick you up at Aura and meet all your needs as far as boats and storage goes.They are also very safe and will make sure you have a great time.
Yep, try these guys!

Staying at the Aura (soon to be Secrets?) December 12-18. What dive ops are close and will do a pick-up from the pier there? Hoping to find an op that will rinse and store our gear while we're there so we can just board in the morning and go diving! Looking for small groups (6-8 max). My wife and I plan on doing 2 dives/day for 3-4 days. Any help is appreciated. Have read that Dive Palancar is close and would fit what we want and Aldora looks like an op we would like too.

Thanks for the help!

I think most people would like Aldora if they would give them a try. Last I talked to Kay (who does most reservations) December was pretty busy (shop and Villa). They have multiple boats. You will have short boat rides to and from the southern sites from that pier/location. You are cutting it close, time wise. Call and see what's available (US phone number).
Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

Have fun who ever you dive with!

I think most people would like Aldora if they would give them a try. Last I talked to Kay (who does most reservations) December was pretty busy (shop and Villa). They have multiple boats. You will have short boat rides to and from the southern sites from that pier/location. You are cutting it close, time wise. Call and see what's available (US phone number).

Have fun who ever you dive with!

+1 for Aldora

We always stay at Residencias Reef condos next door and use the same pier. Always use Aldora so you have a number of rec's for them. Give them a try. We have not dove with anyone else for over 10 years. Memo does a great job.

Back
Top Bottom