Which regulator buy with around $400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcoslnobrega

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning to buy my first first, second stages and octopus, I found a Zeagle Flathead VI Regulator for $349.95 and the Mares Prestige 32 Regulator for $279.95, both on sale, because are not produced anymore.
1. Are they good? Which one is a better deal?
Before I found those I was looking at the Scubapro G250V/MK25, but that's $425, I could still think about this, but I'd rather pay less for the same quality, thanks for the help.

Tilos makes a great regulator and has the same EXACT parts as the diverite 2500

Does the Zeagle come with free parts for life?

from my experience, in the long run the cost of the annual maintnace far exceeds the original cost of the reg........

I would only buy a reg that had free service parts..........

Hope this helps.......M

I would purchase amoung top models of Atomic or Aqualung/Apex from LeisurePro for a few dollars more. I have Scubapro MK25/S600's but the yearly maintenance is expensive and a bother. The regs mentioned above are industry leading and engineered such that maintenance is only required every two years....

Does the Zeagle come with free parts for life?

from my experience, in the long run the cost of the annual maintenance far exceeds the original cost of the reg........

I would only buy a reg that had free service parts..........

Hope this helps.......M

Zeagle offers free parts for life in the same way most other manufacturers do.

Warranty Information - Zeagle Dive Systems

Jason

I like to buy a reg with free parts for life that can be serviced locally...I went with a DS-V a couple of years ago and its great having a reg tech a short drive away. Get one that has everything you want now and may want in the future.

I like to buy a reg with free parts for life that can be serviced locally...I went with a DS-V a couple of years ago and its great having a reg tech a short drive away. Get one that has everything you want now and may want in the future.

That is a great point. Make sure you get a reg that can be serviced locally. Before picking Zeagle if found two local shops that service and found out what their pricing was compared to other shops/manufacturers.

I ultimately picked Zeagle because of the manufacturers commitment to service.

Jason

i would look around for an Atomic Z2 ..you should be able to find one in the that price range and it is a top notch reg that breaths great at all depth

What type of diving are you thinking about doing? All warm water? Vacation? Ice? Cold water? Tech? Important things to consider to pick a reg set IMO.

I ended up going with Oceanic Delta IV and FDX10 which Oceanic has apparently replaced with the Delta 4.1 and FDX10. The features and reviews of this reg are what sold it for me, comfort swivel on 2nd stage, DVT 1st stage to prevent water getting in, tremendous cold water performance, adjustable 2nd stage flow. There is also a 7' hose available with the swivel if you're going tech / cave.

Best part is the price you can get from Scuba Toys, or even if you can find some new, old stock of the prior version. Fantastic reg set which for me has breathed the same at 150' at 39F as it does 40' at 85F. Free service parts too.

The Coast Guard selected this reg set as it's regulators based on cold weather performance. I dove Lake Michigan a couple times this summer, water temps in the high 40's, two of the guys diving Atomic regs had bad free flows and had to abort the dive. I've never once had an issue with my Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom