which would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: Besides all the advice to keep renting I went with option two, more or less. A few people suggested scuba toys, which is were I was looking to buy option two from in the first place. After speaking with them more I bought a Zeagle Brigade, Aeris A1 reg with Mares Brigade viper octo, and the Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus II. I got it all for just under $1000 and two years and 60 dives later still love the gear. The BCD has been great, very comfortable, and adjustable. Love the computer! For me personally since you need a gauge anyway I like to have it all in one place. I love that the Datamax is air intergrated as well and has a lot of great features. The reg and octo have worked great. I only thing I would have done different is buy a nicer reg, but for the price it was a great deal and if I upgrade to a nicer reg. I will have a great backup. Maybe I got lucky, but it costs over $65 dollars to rent gear in Monterey were I was living and I was diving every week. Now I am in Spain and the gear still works great.

Also I should mention the great service I received from Scuba Toys. I just bought some gear for my wife from them and there service is still great. All the guys there were really helpful in answering all my questions.

Back
Top Bottom