Whiskey Wreck Dive Report 7-26-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes, thanks for the report.

If its 8' deep on the inside(southside) of the wreck, its washed in even more than the last time I was out there. It was about 13' deep(max) last time I was there. The spades are always friendly on that wreck, can get spooky at night when you have fish hanging off your stringer.

20' vis on the Whiskey is great!

Vis was nearly as good as 2006!, but the wreck is siliting in badly. The rudder and stern section are completely covered., but there is a big washout on the north side exposing more of the port side of the wreck.

BIG bruiser stone crabs and BIG female blues (no eggs) on the wreck. Biggest stone crab claws I've seen in a while! The spades keep the wreck clear of jellies, too!

I think I must have suffered a little Anaphylactic shock from all of the Sea Nettle venom. I really wasn't feeling well on the Navarre dive. In fact, I got completely numb by the end of the WW dive. 0psi left on my steel 72 when I hit the beach., was still breathing it, though.

I think I found the rope for the jug, but someone must have cut the line.

Stopped by MBT for some short fills (2000 psi in my +rated LP72's).

Got Great fills at Down Under on the way down! Fast and full!

Also got great fills at Pro Divers after the boat trip Sunday.

Paul probably looked like this after being stung so many times :D:

paullwall.jpg

I have to say that Paul (paulwall) is some kind of super human, he must have lived near 3 Mile Island or something growing up, because this man not only chose to not wear a wetsuit, but he never really complained to me of the massive number of hits he must have been taking!

Paul kept picking up blue crabs on a dive at the Destin jetties a couple years back - he was pinched quite often and I know he does feel pain (I could hear the yelp through his reg).

Paul probably looked like this after being stung so many times :D:

paullwall.jpg

Paul kept picking up blue crabs on a dive at the Destin jetties a couple years back - he was pinched quite often and I know he does feel pain (I could hear the yelp through his reg).

And yet I still feel the need to grab electric skates. It's the thrill, man.

Boat trip report from Sunday here.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...diving-trip-report-brass-wreck-mad-mikes.html

Those Florida people really don't like to read panhandle reports...

A big school of spades came in and were rubbing all over Tom and I, it was bizarre! I've never seen so many spades act so funny.

I had schools of spades do this to me as well at the Pensacola reef last year several times. I talked to several people who told that that spades do this to remove parasites from their skin. It can be a little unnerving when a bunch of decent sized spades all the sudden bum rush your fins and legs :11:.

remove parasites from their skin. It can be a little unnerving when a bunch of decent sized spades all the sudden bum rush your fins and legs :11:.

So what are you saying? They thought Paul was a parasite?

I had schools of spades do this to me as well at the Pensacola reef last year several times. I talked to several people who told that that spades do this to remove parasites from their skin. It can be a little unnerving when a bunch of decent sized spades all the sudden bum rush your fins and legs :11:.

It originally took me by suprise, but after I settled down and startyed watching, it was cool as heck. It was then that I thought I wish my buddies could see this, then I remembered.....Duh, Camera with video mode........

It was a dive I still smile about!

The problem is when I smile you can still see the wounds on my lip from the darned jellies! ......Bastards!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom