Who ever thought diving would be done in your own home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victoriawtx

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, can any more catastrophes happen?

It's a good thing I keep my mask and fins close at hand at all times. LOL

We woke up yesterday AM to water coming up through our bathroom floors. A water line broke under our building and flooded our entire condo. We spent the morning freaking out, then going to a rental place and getting a huge water suck up machine to try to contain the damage.

All of the units that are on the bottom floor have damage. But we are the worst of it. The people on either side of us have flooding, but not as much. I drank almost a whole pot of coffee trying to deal with all of this. Our neighbors have been very kind; mainly in coming by and saying "Oh my goodness!", but also in offering assistance. LOL

I moved all of the furniture and took everything out of the closets, and put them on one side of our place, away from the water flow. It didn't help that it was pouring rain outside. Everything is squishy. This is a mess because we are dealing with the rental management, as well as the property managers of our condo. I kept trying to bail water, kick to keep my head above water, and keep this ship from sinking. LOL

Yesterday afternoon, they finally got the pipe fixed that was blown underneath us, and some emergency guys came out to help with the water damage. They ripped up the carpet and removed the padding, and took off all the interior doors. They set up several huge (washing machine sized) dehumidifiers throughout the place, and also industrial sized fans. It is so loud, I feel like I am on a runway at the airport.

Luckily, our major items were spared, so we don't have to move out (like our neighbor) or get a hotel while we are drying out. We just have a huge mess. Our cats are freaked out and won't come out from under the bed. LOL And, we just put floaties on our son to keep him from drifting downstream.

Thank goodness this happened today, and not next week when we would've been in Florida. I am sure, then, that everything would've been completely ruined. I guess we were very lucky.

Diving gear has many uses, I found out. Just too bad there weren't any pretty fish to look at underwater.
:)

My condolences....

As a condo owner as well, I can sympathize and empathize with you. I know what its like to have a major problem with the bldg itself.

Hope your bldg has good insurance. You shouldnt have to pay a dime yourself for the repairs.

That would have made some interesting pictures - "Diving in my living room!" and such :)

Hope everything turns out OK for ya, I own condo to (and on the association board) and can empathize with having to deal with adverse, unexpected occuracnces!

How awful!
At least you still have your sense of humor. Will you have to cancel your trip to Florida?
I hope you have insurance.

I got raccoons in my attic with babies. Playing rap music up there to run them out

Cudachaser,

I'm ROTFLMAO! Why rap music? How do you know that they're not totally gettin' into the jams? Now Barry Manilow would chase me right outta there. "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..." ( Captain & Tennile would do the trick too )

make sure the remediation folks do a good job and prevent any mold problems...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom