Who's going to DEMA 2015 in Orlando? Why are you going? What do you want to see?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not my first DEMA, but first DEMA Orlando.
Couple a reasons for venturing east.
Service clinics
Help with an exhibit
Future business
Meet friends

You guys are 2 phunni. They don't get it. They just don't. Most remind me of SocialMediaDouchbag.net They'll make you hundredaire overnight.

Not my first DEMA, but first DEMA Orlando.
Couple a reasons for venturing east.
Service clinics
Help with an exhibit
Future business
Meet friends
(bolding mine)

Not going either. SP isn't holding a reg clinic at that venue as far as I can tell. I have to wait for BTS.

---------- Post added October 10th, 2015 at 12:36 AM ----------

... I'm looking to talk to lots of people there ...
Pete,

Talk to SP while you are there. I'll be spending my hotel/restaurant/fun money in Seacacus instead of Orlando.

If you want a laugh, check out the Justify Your Attendance page. It's a bunch of copypasta that exists on at least 6 other conference websites, and the sample justification letter to management is particularly hilarious when its relevance to the dive industry is considered.

If you want a laugh, check out the Justify Your Attendance page. It's a bunch of copypasta that exists on at least 6 other conference websites, and the sample justification letter to management is particularly hilarious when its relevance to the dive industry is considered.

The DEMA show could be fun, particularity for those who live close by, however; IMO it is now irrelevant.

Orlando is fine for Mom and Dads who want to go to theme parks, but a terrible place for those who don't.

Las Vegas is great for some; for others just a decadent display of smoking, drinking, and phony hotels.

A real trade show, person to person, company to customer, does have value. DEMA no longer does.

Better off to exhibit/attend the several very good consumer Dive Shows: Beneath the Sea, great plus you
can visit "The big apple" and have some NYC fun, Our World Underwater-Chi Town-always a good visit.
The Scuba Show in Long Beach, CA is always good, well run, and the opportunity to take a few extra days
for diving.

Better off to exhibit/attend the several very good consumer Dive Shows: Beneath the Sea, great plus you
can visit "The big apple" and have some NYC fun, Our World Underwater-Chi Town-always a good visit.
The Scuba Show in Long Beach, CA is always good, well run, and the opportunity to take a few extra days
for diving.
So true, and don't forget the power of participating on ScubaBoard for free! [/shameless plug]

On a more serious note... If you know who I should be talking to at the various agencies and manufacturers please send me a PM and introduce us. We're still the largest community on the interwebs for Scuba and companies who aren't on SB are missing a huge market. We usually have more people visiting SB in a single day than the combined (and inflated) total for all of DEMA. We have the divers they are looking for and I'm looking for them! Advertising with us for an entire year is probably cheaper than what you'll be spending for having a booth for four days at DEMA in Orlando. Think about it.

So true, and don't forget the power of participating on ScubaBoard! [/shameless plug]

On a more serious note... If you know who I should be talking to at the various agencies and manufacturers please send me a PM and introduce us. We're still the largest community on the interwebs for Scuba and companies who aren't on SB are missing a huge market. We usually have more people visiting SB in a single day than the combined (and inflated) total for all of DEMA. We have the divers they are looking for and I'm looking for them!

Doc: you do not need an introduction. We all know who you are. Scuba board is the best communication media in diving.

Divers talking with divers, lots of information shared. You, and your good staff, do a great job keeping the world wide
dive community, communicating.

Keep up the great work.

Doc: you do not need an introduction. We all know who you are. Scuba board is the best communication media in diving.

Divers talking with divers, lots of information shared. You, and your good staff, do a great job keeping the world wide
dive community, communicating.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks for the overly kind words, my friend. Unfortunately, I feel that SB is the best kept secret among Scuba Pros. Many don't 'get us' and feel threatened by our open communication. What's more, the players are constantly changing. I heard that Oceanic, Scuba Pro and TUSA have fired their respective CEOs within the last month or so. I know everyone at Oceanic, so that shouldn't be a bit problem, but I do need a line on the decision makers for Scuba Pro and TUSA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom