Who's up for Malibu Saturday the 8th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weiland:
Hey - where did you guys do your dive?

Billy - I met you on the spectre on 7/3. I was the guy with the zeagle escape BC.

Weiland, We should get in the water sometime, even with our added 5lbs of buoyancy. Maybe next Sunday. I'm glad you found me, I felt bad not getting your info after the Spectre trip, I was a little spent. We dove at Deer Creek (Rick's Reef) in Malibu, vis was OKAY but still a ton of fun! We got a great workout from that surface swim and got to dive with Robert(Orangelion), John(JMdiver) and a new SBer, Mike(Zaffy). It was a great morning!

neophyte:
Well...

Consider my curiousity all sorts of piqued. If you haven't figured out what the hay-ull it was yet, at least let us know what it looked like, any guesses you've come up with, etc...

Please...

(I'm employing multiple ellipses to convey the extent to which I feel I've been left hanging...!)

Adam, I think it was a type of Siphonophore. It looked a lot like the plastic segmented packaging material/bubble wrap stuff. Ring a bell at all? Next time we go out, I'm going to make sure you're with us!

Billy

Yeah, I was thinking of trying to get a dive in this weekend. What time would you go on Sunday?

Greetings Neophyte!

Billy's description id pretty darned close! It looked like linked pairs of transparent cylinders, about 6" long. Each cylinder contained some denser material threads. Maybe ten pairs of segments. It was moving in the water column swell, a foot or so above the bottom. I first thought it was a plastic bag and began to consider stuffing into a pocket, then I realized it was most likely a small denizen of the deep (well, 25 feet or so deep). This is the reason I shoulf ALWAYS carry a camera, even a "disposable".

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom