Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. I live there - bred, born, raised & educated.
2. Gender neutral.
3. Short & concise
4. When I lived in other parts of the US, & home would be discussed, I would invariably hear 'Oh - you're a Jersey Girl?' (As if girls from New Jersey should have 3 eyes & horns or something. I don't, check profile.)
4. Bruce Springsteen immortalized us in music.

squib

It goes with my initials, not many have a middle initial Q. That and I've been told that I have the energy fireworks. My projects usually explode good or bad, and yes, some even fizzle.

Yeah, I wish! No, I've been called Frog for about 10+ years now. Divers were known as frogmen, ans when I started, being a girl my dad called me 'frog girl'. After a few to many and a little on the squiffy side, he couldn't say that so shortened it to 'frog' which is my name on other forums. I wanted Frog on here, but someone else has that, so I chose Royal Frog. Why the royalty bit?

I had my navel pierced in Sept '97, prior going to Red Sea diving in Jan '98. The piercer told me that Egyptians pierced their navels, but only royalty were allowed to do it. Commoners weren't allowed, so as I was Frog, masquerading as royalty in Egypt, the name Royal Frog has been a private joke since. Plus I think frogs are delightful creatures, and I have ornaments, soap holders, shower hooks, bath plugs and an embrodery of them! Dive safely. Ribbet.

My kids always ask me what I'm going to dive each time I go. They have talked to those I dive with and get a response of we're doing a Wreck dive or a Tec dive. So..................when they want my attention they call out , " Hey wreck/Tec ". It kind of stuck.............
Wreck/Tec

and I attended the University of Florida. I am a diehard Gator fan. I follow them in every sporting endeavor that they undertake. Heck, I'd watch the Lady Gators in a tiddly-winks tournament if they had them.

Now, I live in New York (for the past 5 years) so I am a Gator living in New York. I use the same name on Yahoo and I think I ended up with the bad grammar (I be, instead of I am) because imnygator was already taken.

:ticker:

My name simply came from what I do I am a Cherry grower and packer . We grow cherries in South eastern BC and produce absolutely the latest cherries in the Northern Hemisphere. They are shipped all over the world by airfreight and containership. England is a big market for us with Marks and Spencers and Tesco. In the Baltimore or DC area Denver, Miami, Honolulu and LA. Tawain and Thailand or Sao Paulo you might just find our cherries in August.

Cherry

Why did you choose your log-in name?
What does it signify?

Just curious since I see quite a few "different" handles :D

Mars2u:
-Men are from Mars...Women are from Venus
-signifies the red planet...always been intrigued by it.
-on of the closest planets to earth...you can see it with the naked eye
- the simbol (see attacment) is used in biology to signify the male. This is probably the reason I chose it...most forget about the simbolic reference....hmmmm...maybe I should use this as my Avatar...maybe too obscure though.

when I got my first e-mail address I wanted scuber, the refrence being one who scubas. but some a-hole already had it so I added a D for diving. Kind of a scuber-D sorta thing but it was condesed into just plain scuberd which I still use to this day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom