Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geek = Because I work with Computers, Computer related devices, Networks, Network HW (ie:routers, hubs and switches) Operating Systems and Software for a living. Such people that perform these dutys in thier job or as a passion are often labeled Geeks. Now if I could only have Bill G's money it would all be worth it.

Note: I do not have a pocket protector or thick eye glasses. In HS I liked to play football, ride bull's and I drove a 79 TA.

Diver - doesn't need to be explained

Ma Pappy wuz a jiveturkey, his Pappy wuz a jiveturkey and ahm a jiveturkey!! Jiveturkeys is cool.

mars2u once bubbled...
Why did you choose your log-in name?
What does it signify?

[snip]

A few years back on other forums, started out at 'waterboy'... I wanted an unpretentious handle (unlike some of the 'super stud diver' handles), and wasn't to sure about using a 'real' name (especially on one particular board)...

... at some point along the way, references to me became 'wb'... so that stuck, however other boards (like this one) don't allow two letter names, so I tagged on my birthday... started using 'wb416' in most places I post now and it even found it's way on to my license plate last year...

There is a movie, "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield. In the movie Rodney's son is having trouble in college. So, Rodney decides to enroll in college with his son to support him and encourage him to continue.

Rodney makes a substantial financial donation to the school and is welcomed by the Dean of the College. The Dean's name is Martin. He's Dean Martin.

Thats very funny to me.

Regards

Cause I am originally from Louisiana and even though I live in Florida (and will never move back to LA), my heart and soul will always be Cajun!

It all started one day at a Halloween party full of strangers, where I appeared as Bob The Cow. So the entire evening I kept introducing myself as Bob The Cow. Well, later, people insisted on calling me Bob, even sans the cow suit. And I had to correct them every single time. I was not Bob!!! Yet somehow 'notbob' just doesn't have the same ring to it, so I added an 'A' in the middle. The mystery is now revealed!

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...
It all started one day at a Halloween party full of strangers, where I appeared as Bob The Cow. So the entire evening I kept introducing myself as Bob The Cow. Well, later, people insisted on calling me Bob, even sans the cow suit. And I had to correct them every single time. I was not Bob!!! Yet somehow 'notbob' just doesn't have the same ring to it, so I added an 'A' in the middle. The mystery is now revealed!

-Roman.

uhhhh...thanks Bob

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom