Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... Mares, Quote from one of the guys a work, Mr Mares sort of stuck after that! :jump013:

If you c'ant laugh at yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Started racing catamarans in the San Francisco Bay about 15 years ago...then added rowing and outrigger canoeing to my list of hobbies...Since my name is Patti and I'm into water sports, my buddies started calling me Paddles...

...I do have big feet, too :11: Could it be??? Nooo...!

I chose "Aucilla," which is the name of a wonderful and mysterious river in Florida's "Big Bend." This river very gradually grows in South Georgia and as not much more than a creek it starts to go underground and up again in a series of "sinks," and even rapids, and then it comes up out of the earth once and for all and grows wide and beautiful and maybe treacherous with limestone outcroppings and flows into the Gulf; and it has wonderful fishing in water wilderness.

Fun thread!

Anybody wanna guess why I chose my name??? :)

Hint: I have 4 children, none of which are girls! LOL

well my name was going to be sirmacdaddy but I had problems registering so after i figured it out i was stuck with my name so now i got my name as user name. I like pc computer games so that's where it comes form sir-for midevel knights mac daddy for just it sounds cool.

I am not antisocial by any means but I am a person who enjoys solitude. And if that solitude can be found outside in the wilderness, all the better. I can sit by a running creak by myself for HOURS.

I've never really had a nickname. But last year when I started lurking this board - it didn't take me long to decide I wanted to post. At the time I was not yet certified scuba but did a lot of Freediving. I tried out a few combinations with Free in them and nothing looked quite right. Well my "other" passion is my racing sailing dinghy which naturally "floats" (even while swamped or capsized, there's a few stories about that) - so I stuck the Free and the Float together and it looked about right.

For a while I didn't let on about my gender either - so FreeFloat was androgynous enough to get away with that as well. Then as I took scuba training and learned the art of neutral buoyancy the Float part just made more and more sense.

I like it so much that I've marked my gear with "FF" or "FreeFloat". I even have a few diving type people (buddies and otherwise) who have no clue as to my real given name, to them I'm just FreeFloat...........

Back
Top Bottom