Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've always been a VW fanatic.

At 16, my first car was a '73 Super Beetle, however I didn't have her long as a classmate ran the poor girl over after school. So I picked up a 1966 Bug to drive afterwards - I'm much happier with the older-look anyways :wink:

At the time, I found the internet through computer gaming and figured SuPr(1st car)BuG(2nd car)mAn(gender) made for a halfway decent screen-name. I haven't played computer nor console games in quite a few years, but the name sticks with me where-ever I frequent forums online ie, paintball, automotive, rc-cars, and now SCUBA :)

I've owned 3 other VWs since(6 years later to present) and the Bug is still in my possession. Its no longer a daily driver as it makes for a horrible gearbag - LOL Its either SCUBA gear, or passengers - long story short, I started losing friends!

Well, all of the good nautical names were already taken!
Also, none of the really hot, goodlooking diving chicks would not expect too much from my looks if they were ever to meet me, that is if they had done a bit of Greek mythology reading.

Just change it to... UsedToBeSoCaldiver or.... WasASoCalDiver - then we'll know it's you!

I currently AM a socal diver, a brand new one, and I chose my name after viewing one of the first photos I took on my first dive trip (Bonaire), which you can see to the left. Hence the name FishLips!

Kelli

socaldiver:
but since I presently live in southern california and because I pretend to be a diver, thus socaldiver.

But I have a problem, it appears that next week I am going to be moving to the Tampa area, something called a job. So can I change my name to tampaareadiver or maybe warmwaterwussie (sorry Joewr, don't mean to offend anyone :wink: ), but then I could be the decrepidoldman.

Seasquatch....... well, because when did my OW i had fairly long hair, and am basically the height and weight of your average sasquatch/yetti/bigfoot etc etc etc. Ahhhh the humor of a couple university kids

Sharkbait= the job I had at a dive shop in the Bahamas before college, and the nickname my new friends at college gave me upon hearing about said job. (This was pre-Nemo)

DAN= The organization I worked for last summer

I'm just a Foo for you all...

my initials + my first name, started using it when I first started using the internet and stuck with it.
As for my avatar, you guess :D

cowjazz:
Picked the name after an obscure album by Jerry Jeff Walker.

Cool - I will have to a search for that Walker album.

Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom