Why Bother with Shark Week When You Can Have Them All Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe Discovery Channel should be showing your Videos during shark week:)
Maybe Discovery Channel could pay you to allow them to show your videos, maybe even pay for you to make more Videos.

Someone actually PAY me? What a concept! Of course these were **** in "standard" definition (mini-DV) and they aren't buying anything but high def these days (which is why I made the transition).

Fortunately other networks have paid me for my standard def footage.

Eighteen foot pointer! Man, that's enough to make me fill my wetsuit, cage or no cage!
Are the dvd's narrated drbill?

Yes, the DVD's are narrated... full of (hopefully) factual information carefully researched by yours truly and recorded with my own annoying voice.

The 18 footer was pretty impressive. However, it exhibited absolutely no signs of aggression. Others were in the 11-15 foot range as best I can remember (we saw 15 individuals and PIER satellite tagged 13 of them and took DNA samples from several).

Hey Doctor Bill,

Has anyone ever seen the shark that Jimmy Hall dove with off Hawaii back in California waters?

Here is the link:
Great White Shark Encounter in Hawaii

Also has there been anymore sightings of the "LA Pod" (local California killer whale pod) encountering great whites off the Fallon Islands?

Lock Washer

Not that I'm aware of, but our waters aren't always clear enough to ID a great white even if you do see one (and that is a very rare event... I've been diving here 38 years and still haven't seen one off Catalina). I just hear the music playing when they are close. We had a sighting of a killer whale pod off Catalina a while back, but I don't remember the details.

Bill,
Let me know when they are ready. I really would like to get the set.

Cages might be for sissies, but I am not getting that close if I can help it. Besides, we don't see too many sharks in the quarries.

Thought I'd update this thread since I've just completed the draft version of episode three (blue, leopard and soupfin sharks). That makes 8 of the 13 species covered. Only 5 more to go (although two will take a lot of time to edit as I have LOTS of footage of them to wade through.

Will be slowing the pace down this week since our dive boat is going out the next three days and I'll have a lot of new HDV footage to edit, then I will be going over to "The Big Island" across the Channel for my first real date in years. I'm so excited!

Good for you!

I'm affraid PAL is a no no for me...
I'll see it when i'll come to dive in CA one day!

Cheers.

UPDATE:

Episode #4 (swell and angel sharks) is "in the can" (and, no, I'm not referring to the trash can). Currently working on episode #5 (horn sharks) which will leave only two more (bat rays, torpedo or Pacific electric rays). Should be on schedule for release the end of the month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom