Why I'm Buying A Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joetucker

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a quick story with everyone about why I decided today to buy a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe as opposed to a slew of other regs I've been investigating.

I've been trying to decide for a while now on a new reg and it seemed like everyone I talked to had a different opinion about which brand is best for various reasons.

I finally decided, I'm just going to call each of these companies: mares,zeagle, aqualung, and tusa - and just ask whoever I got on the phone why I should buy their products as opposed to someone elses.

I got some really lame answers from all of the above except when I called Zeagle. The lady I spoke to said "Hold on a minute sir and I'll get someone who can help you." When the "someone" picked up it was a gentlemen by the name of Jim Fox, who as it turns out, DESIGNED the reg I was calling about.

I couldn't believe it. He took time to answer my questions and even offered to give me a tour of their facility and show me how they build regs next time I was in that part of Florida. I was also surprised how polite he was about other brands, saying that were all of good quality before talking about why Zeagle was the choice for me.

Needless to say - I'm a Zeagle guy now. Probably for life.

Just wanted to pass this on. Also, I'm in no way affiliated with them - just an average recreational diver.

joetucker:
I just wanted to share a quick story with everyone about why I decided today to buy a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe as opposed to a slew of other regs I've been investigating.

I've been trying to decide for a while now on a new reg and it seemed like everyone I talked to had a different opinion about which brand is best for various reasons.

I finally decided, I'm just going to call each of these companies: mares,zeagle, aqualung, and tusa - and just ask whoever I got on the phone why I should buy their products as opposed to someone elses.

I got some really lame answers from all of the above except when I called Zeagle. The lady I spoke to said "Hold on a minute sir and I'll get someone who can help you." When the "someone" picked up it was a gentlemen by the name of Jim Fox, who as it turns out, DESIGNED the reg I was calling about.

I couldn't believe it. He took time to answer my questions and even offered to give me a tour of their facility and show me how they build regs next time I was in that part of Florida. I was also surprised how polite he was about other brands, saying that were all of good quality before talking about why Zeagle was the choice for me.

Just wanted to pass this on. Also, I'm in no way affiliated with them - just an average recreational diver.

joetucker: Good post. Thanks for taking the time to talk about your personal experience with the folks @ Zeagle. Lots of times we hear about things that have gone wrong. It is always nice to hear about the positives. Not surprising when it comes to the Zeagle crew. Top notch people, equipment, and service.

Uhhhh...Wow!

(I love my Ranger...that's fer sure...)

I called Aqualung and the receptionist transferred me to a guy who handles accounts for aqualung dealers. We talked about aqualung's history and warranty. I geuss it wasn't overly bad - just not the same as my zeagle experience.

Mother always said, being polite and courteous goes a long way. I believe in big business today, people forget that the time taken for one or two people yields great rewards because those people tell their friends and they tell theirs, etc. It is nice to hear that they took their time to talk to you. Considering it is life support equipment, you would think others would realize that the customer is essentially putting their life in the companies hands (within reason of course based on training etc.) Thanks again for the story.

joetucker:
I called Aqualung and the receptionist transferred me to a guy who handles accounts for aqualung dealers. We talked about aqualung's history and warranty. I geuss it wasn't overly bad - just not the same as my zeagle experience.

Funny how it works out. A few years ago Zeagle was reselling Apeks brand reg under their own name. Then Aqualung buys Apeks and cuts off Zeagle's supply. So Zeagle designs their own reg. Had you called zeagle a few years ago you would have bought what is now an Auqalung.

joetucker:

Agreed, Jim Fox is a great guy and Envoy Deluxe is a great reg!

great story, thakns for sharing

great regs

Welcome to the board Joe.
Yea, the folks at Zeagle are great. Your new here so you may not know but at least a couple of the Zeagle management staff are regular members of this board and have been for several year. It's really nice having almost direct access to a company that actually cares about it's customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom