why is zeagle brand looked down upon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHARKBAIT94:
I pretty new to scuba diving and only have 5 dives under my belt. My g/f and my self use Aqualung and Seaquest gear , my g/f still needs a bcd. Now When we were looking at getting gear the LDS around the jersey shore and only a few sell Zeagle, Sherwood or Genesis. We really liked the Zeagle ranger and the idea that it can be fitted for women but were quickly brought into another direction with pretty much every lds saying "no zeagle is not really diver freindly and Genesis regs breath wet and are not that great of a company and so on and so fourth and that Zeagle and the other brands are not really all that good for jersey diving and if you notice that not to many dive shops carry those brands. I just want to hear from the manuf. what they think of thier gear in jersey water. Not trying to start a huge thing but just want to see if any of these comments "hold any water"
I have never heard of derrogatory comments about Zeagle. In fact, my LDS carries the whole line and is an authorized service rep for them. (and yes, they are in Jersey)

I have the Zeagle Brigade which is the Ranger harness and a different bladder. I LOVE IT. I'm very petite and it fits super well. (had it customed to fit me) If your girlfriend has any questions on it, please feel free to post or PM me.

Edited to add: I also have the Zeagle Flathead VI. I did extensive research as to what I wanted to do with scuba diving and for me, Zeagle was the way to go.

I would also like to add to the positive statements about Zeagle. Owned a Concept Pro for about three years and have had no problems. This unit is just a little too much bulk for traveling and I will buy a Zeagle travel BCD as soon as they produce one. Did not take my LDS advise to buy a Zeagle reg at the time and I am now having to buy a Flathead years later after eating crow at the LDS. The LDS that I use sells most of the top name brands but if you take the time to talk to them you will come out diving Zeagle. As they put it "no pressure on the customer" the choice is yours to make. You can buy it now or later but sooner or later you will be diving Zeagle.

StSomewhere:
Not for several years now.........

Indeed. Older Zeagle regs such as the Flathead Six and Tech-50D were in fact Apeks TX100 and TX50 respectively. Newer/more recent Zeagle regs do not have Apeks equivalents. In fact, the Apeks NX 3000 BC is a rebranded Zeagle designed Ranger-like BC (albeit with the 65 lb wing similar to the Zeagle Tech Pac instead of a Ranger 44 lb wing), so the transfer was both ways.

I have both genesis reg and the zeagle ranger bc. I love both of them. there is one SLIGHT downside to the ranger and that is that its a little bulky, im 6 so if its bulky on me i dont know how it would fare on a woman, but they have one called the traveller or someothing. its the ranger without the pockets, but i make use of them. it is not even all that bad. jsut a little. but i really like them

Well, as i see a lot if people love,like and hate zeagel, to each is their own. We decieded to take a road trip up north to a ds and we looked at the zeagle line. Turns out only two ds carry zeagle. As we looked around my g/l now fiance headed straight for the ranger she was checking it and saying i want it. So she grabed one off the wall and it was a little more bulky then she thought it would. One of the sales guys walked over and so we start asking questions yahda yahda yahda. They said they would have to order one for her built just for her. Ok not a problem, Well once everything was priced out the sales guy said well before i go any further for the price you should try out the diva lx so we go and she trys on the diva lx well that fit like a glove. So the sales guy goes right into the pitch it all ready had the sports bra and pockets and lower profile these are awsome bc perfect for any kind of dive situation NJ, Fl, mexico for a female you can not go wrong. For a male you i need to go with the ranger and in all honesty i kind like the feel of it, i'm not to sure of the "E" dump system. I do know i want to dive a couple of times before i just buy one. I live my chute 3 fits me nice but just something about it i don't like i know i need to id the problem before i can make a smart choice about the next bc. One biggie with me is how well the company backs up thier gear, Oceanic does quite well unlike seaquest, awsome gear but really don't go out of thier way i hear. Unlike Zeagel and pretty much every one who has a zeagel product give rave review about customer care. Customer care is one of my biggest peves if they don't back the gear after the warranty is over then your gear really can't be all that good if you won't willing take of a problem.
A note to Scott.
I want you to know that i was not trying to bash your product or casue any problems I just wanted sound advice and info. By the looks of it every one who has a Zeagel is willing to go down in a blaze of glory over it. So unlike the lds around me who don't sell Zeagel seem have other motives behind them. So i will put a post up as soon as i get the chance to dive a Ranger gotta find some one or dive north to rent one. Either way i now really want to dive one.

ScottZeagle:
If you have any questions about Zeagle gear or need to find an authorized dealer, let me know and I will try to help you out!

Thanks for posting this instead of simply buying in to the info you got from that shop!

Scott

Hi, last December I bought a Zeagle Scout and I'm wondering if you have a cummerbund for it. Thanks

caloy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom