Why the Prejudice about DIR or GUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

someone patently unsafe in the water. someone who's out to kill you but just doesn't know it because they're oblivious. or me - it's my nickname on the ncdivers board. :wink:

i am a stroke on Mondays and Wednesdays, sometimes on Tuesdays, and on every other Sunday

on leap years, I am a stroke every other Friday as well

on Thursdays and Saturdays, I am never a stroke, unless it is a holiday

no andy. he didn't ask 'when'. he asked 'what'.

H2Andy:
i am a stroke on Mondays and Wednesdays, sometimes on Tuesdays, and on every other Sunday

on leap years, I am a stroke every other Friday as well

on Thursdays and Saturdays, I am never a stroke, unless it is a holiday

It seems like a holiday is the least likely time you'd want to be a stroke. Federal holidays or religious?

Jasonmh:
Please be sure to come back and comment on just how much EGO you find in the class. I'm not quite sure why you would have a problem with D-ring placement, but whatever you do have a problem with, talk about it with your instructor. In my experience they welcome the questions and debate.
Reverting to the jacket isn't going to help you with the cave and technical diving you said you want to do in your other post. I think that you will find that the BP&W is far more comfortable and less confining than your jacket, most people do.

Oh Jasonmh, I was referring to my ego.
And yes I will reserve all judgement until I actually take the course.

HoggieEater:
vytec? ..........

Close, Cobra.

This thread is still going strong.

JahJahwarrior:
I would rather get my AOW than take a DIR class right now, I think AOW would help me be a better diver. I would get more bang for my buck.

........................ :rofl2:

Red: What? You disagree? How could you?

I mean one says "Advanced" and one "Fundamentals".

It's obvious which is better!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom