Wide Angle Lens for PT-010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JC Fedorczyk

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay guys. Can someone tell me what lens(s) I can screw directly onto the PT-010 housing? I am a little confused with the sea and sea "bayonet" thingy. I like compact so screwing directly to the housing seems the way to go. Thanks

WAL choices of Inon, Epoque, or Olympus to screw onto the 67 mm threads. Of the three, I'd recommend the Inon. With the Inon you have the added option of adding a dome to the WAL, increasing the field of view even more.

BTW, I think I recall that Sea and Sea also has a 67 mm screw mount WAL, but not sure, it's been a while...........(Dee?)

Sea & Sea makes an adapter that screws into the housing, then lets you mount the older Sea&Sea wide angle lenses, which are really cheap because they are basically for old film cameras like Motor Marine II that few use today. I have one, and the lenses, a thrifty solution.

I use the Inon UWL-100 WAL on my PT-010 and am very satisfied with it.

Take note that there are two different type Inon WAL, a Type 1 and Type 2. Both are basically the same lens but the back part that threads onto the housing is different.
The type you need depends on the camera you are using in the PT-010. There used to be a list on the Inon America site but I believe the site is gone.

I have an Olympus C4000Z which requires the Type 1. The Type 1 sits closer to the housing lens than the Type 2 and therefore rerquires you to change the blue lens ring on the housing. You have to order that part in addition to the lens.
The Type 2 threads directly onto the existing housing ring.

If you order the lens from Ryan in America or Yuzo in Japan they will tell you which type you need after you tell them which camera you are using.

JC Fedorczyk:
found the sea and sea adapter. I'm eyeing some moto marine lenses...

Mind sharing where you found the adapter? I have a full set of Sea and Sea lenses I would like to use with my C5050 and PT15 housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom