Wide angle ??????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an Ike housing it should have a round 67mm thread on the lens. I have a Ike housed A610 which is a 5 meg camera with a Ion wide angle lens. The wide angle lens does two things for you. The first is it gives you a wider angle but by getting a wider angle it allows you to do the 2nd thing - get as much water out of the frame as possible. Water absorbes light and hold particulate, so the less water between you and you object, the brighter the color and the less particulate that can back scatter in your photo.

I just got an Ike DS-160 digital strobe with the ev manual controler. The following photos were taken a week ago on the wreck of the Onandaga in Fishers Island Sound at about 40 feet. The camera is set in manual mode at F8 and 1/60 of a second at 200 ASA.

Here are some shots of a Ford Model A tire where all I did was change the power of the strobe with the ev controller

This shot is with avalible light and just the minimum of power.
Tire1.jpg

Here is about 3 or 4 stops higher power
Tire2.jpg

This is full blast
tire3.jpg

Here are three more as I was getting used to the strobe and hunting around the power settings.

tire4.jpg

tire5.jpg

tire6.jpg

I was not doing anything on composition, only working the power settings and getting used to the strobe.

If I had wanted to do some good shots I would have closed in on the tire (removing the water) and taken the strobe off of the tray and held it so that there would be a 30 to 45 degree angle between the camera and the strobe which will reduce the back scatter.

:Dcool pictures, I'll just be using the onboard flash for now, strobe is next on my list, I added a 1 gig chip to my computer for more RAM, and I'm looking to get an external 10 gig hard drive to store photos and software on, I really appreciate all the advise and information that you guys give. hopefully my housing comes back from Ikelite this week, there was a crazing issue and they are replacing the housing front section, excellent customer service from them for sure.
thanks again
Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom