will this work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevensamler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello , i'm very interested in purchasing a scubapro tri-laminate drysuit , however i have an aqualung i3 dimension bcd that is almost new. I am wondering if the suit and bcd are compatible . Any and all replies would be appreciated thanks.

Not knowing the BCD in question Id say the BCD would need to be very special and/or tight-fitting for it not be possible to use with a drysuit..

There really won't be any "compatibility" issues. The only issue you might run into is the additional bulk you might have with the dry suit might require a larger BCD. Any other issues will be related to weighting and trim. But you would encounter that in any configuration.

I think tigerman said it best unless your bcd is pretty tight fitting there shouldn't be any compatibility issues there.

You will be able to try it out during drysuit class! as long as the BCD straps, expanded all the way, are not so tight that you cannot put the BCD over your drysuit, you will be ok. And the bcd should not obstruct you routing your drysuit hose (usually fixed with a longer hose)
If you are diving cold water below 10 celcius, remember to make sure your regulator is cold-water-approved.

If you are diving cold water below 10 celcius, remember to make sure your regulator is cold-water-approved.
The OP lives in the SoCal area. Our water temps typically range from low 50s (°F) to mid 60s (°F), depending on the time of year. As such, "cold water-approved" regs aren't necessary. I have lots of friends diving in local waters (San Diego) who have non-sealed first stages.

I love your scuba keen-ness but the hell my lowest temp is 21 degree c and I wear 7mm wetty, I cannot imagine your world, you people int he frost zone are amazingly hard creatures!
turtle god spare your souls'

No'

IMO

Back
Top Bottom