Winter Diving Blows - I'm so bummed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Come up North, the water's fine. We did a giant slide entry into Lake Ontario last Saturday. Air temp. -15 C, water at 38 F. The ice covered the 20 feet at water's edge and made a nice shelf to sit on to put on fins, 2-3 foot chop no problem, frozen inflators no problem - dry gloves are gifts from the gods. Even had decent viz. No boats to cancel or rely on...life is good.

tinman once bubbled...
Come up North, the water's fine. We did a giant slide entry into Lake Ontario last Saturday. Air temp. -15 C, water at 38 F. The ice covered the 20 feet at water's edge and made a nice shelf to sit on to put on fins, 2-3 foot chop no problem, frozen inflators no problem - dry gloves are gifts from the gods. Even had decent viz. No boats to cancel or rely on...life is good.

Need a pair of those dry gloves, though. The 3 finger mitts are warm, but you can't do anything inthem!

Mo2vation~ Barbados in a few and you're squawkin?

I bet only cause you want more pracitice in your new setup? Right?

I think you hit it on the head, learn to enjoy the beaches you got.

The beach dive I did last week (that was before the 30 inches of snow shut down the state) had 38 degree water and 25 foot vis. The day was bright, sunny and a brisk 18 degrees with a 20 knot wind. Excellent conditions for around here.

If you get tired of the kelp forrests, warm waters and Southern Cal sunshine, come on over to our side of the continent, we'd love to show you what NJ wreck divin is all about! :D

mo2vation

there is always Lake Paris

Andy

I drove 65 miles to SD to dive only to turn around upon viewing the conditions. Beach or boat last week no one dove around here.

i also got the drysuit thats not getting wet as much as i would like right now. Sat in SD @ La Jolla and Sun at Laguna - brook St or Cressant is the plan pending surf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom