Wiring 2 batteries together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmith89

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm about 90% done with my new canister light (I'll post pics tomorrow).

I bought 2 of these battery packs to power a single mr16 lamp.

My question is how do I wire the 2 batteries together?

Also, my canister is 14" long anyone have a suggestion of where to mount my canister?

If you need them to stay at 12v and just want to double the 5Ah rating, then put the leads black to black & red to red .... If you want to double the volts to 24v and Amps to stay at 5Ah, then one red lead to one black lead

What DB said....just make sure you get the correct one. If you need 24v and parallel them, not going to work but not likely to damage anything either....need 12 and wire them series.....it will let the smoke out to the electronics and electronics don't work well once you let the smoke out. I have let quite a bit of smoke out electronic equipment over the years. :)

I am not familiar with the mr16 lamp. What does the product specification say for supply voltage? This is going to be the very important and controlling question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom