Wisconsin dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

codecruncher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got the itch for a boat - been shopping various center consoles in the 17' to 21' range.

Use would be mostly local stuff like Lake Mendota/Monona around Madison, Green Lake, Green Bay, Door County, Sheboygan, and maybe Apostle Islands and Lake Michigan not to far out. Maybe at the friend's cabins around Rhinelander, etc.

What's doable? Is a 17' Boston Whaler Montauk type going to get me out to the popular Lake Michigan wrecks off Milwaukee, Sheboygan, Door County?

Or do you really need to be in a 21' - 24' CC with big bucks for the occasional jaunt to be safe?

Since trailerability is big and gas prices high, I'm thinking smaller with a 90 to 125 HP range and an AL trailer would be good. Tow vehicle is a 2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 - should be plenty at ~6000 lbs rated I believe.

Opinions from experienced folks? I owned a 23' sailboat for a decade, but never a power boat.

I'm only looking for 2 or 3 divers and a bubble watcher capacity. I don't need to subsidize the entire dive group...

I thought it was Tracy´s boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom