WOAH! When did CW wetsuits get so cheap???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pisaster

Reaction score
In the past I've been very envious of people with those nice xcel(or similar brand) wetsuits that have the hood built-in and zip across the chest(so much more convenient than my back zip), but I remember that last year, or a little before that, they were going for(I think) around 800$. I did a froogle search today and found a place that was selling the Xcel 8/6/7 quad density suit for 269$! Now, granted it's online, and everything online has to be taken with a grain of salt, but when I checked several other reputable online establishments, I saw the same kind of price ranges. Did I just make false memories for myself of the former high prices or was there a point in the last year that wetsuit prices plummeted? I have yet to call any local stores to see if their prices they offer. If it's the same, I'll know I'm not dreaming. Is this the best time in a long time to buy a new wetsuit? If so I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Jacob

pisaster:
In the past I've been very envious of people with those nice xcel(or similar brand) wetsuits that have the hood built-in and zip across the chest(so much more convenient than my back zip), but I remember that last year, or a little before that, they were going for(I think) around 800$. I did a froogle search today and found a place that was selling the Xcel 8/6/7 quad density suit for 269$! Now, granted it's online, and everything online has to be taken with a grain of salt, but when I checked several other reputable online establishments, I saw the same kind of price ranges. Did I just make false memories for myself of the former high prices or was there a point in the last year that wetsuit prices plummeted? I have yet to call any local stores to see if their prices they offer. If it's the same, I'll know I'm not dreaming. Is this the best time in a long time to buy a new wetsuit? If so I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Jacob

Big retail has pushed 7mm wetsuits to very reasonable prices. But I'll tell you this, the gear investment that changed my diving more than any other piece of gear was getting a Drysuit.

I dive on So Cal (SD to SB) and I'll tell you what, a DS not only lenghtened my season, but has motivated me to a completely different view of diving.

You may want to consider a DS. Especially being in SoCal. You'll never regret getting a Drysuit out here.

If not, get the Wetsuit and take the $500 and party like a rockstar.

K

I recently got my XCel 9/7/6 for 460.00 at my LDS. It's a nice suit. I'm toasty at 52, hands get a little chilled (3mm gloves) when it hits the high 40's.

Heh, that's funny. I'm friggin freezing at 68 normally.... funny that you don't even really notice how well they work.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom