• I have heard of MOST of these women

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I have heard of ALL of these women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to be one of these women someday

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check it out

There is a great article about the myths surrounding women and diving in one of the last two DIVE TRAINING mags. It covers, bouyancy, equipment strides tons of stuff

Being fairly new to diving I haven't heard of any of these women but with this information it will be a good chance to do some reading on some women who have landmarked this sport that I have so enjoyed over the past year!

Pleased to say during at least one point in my diving career I have known five of them (Hillary Hauser, Dr. Sylvia Earle, Lorraine Sadler, Dr. Ruth Turner and Dr. Mia Tegner). I have some buddies who I hope will be elected soon as well.

Dr. Bill

I was certified in 2001 by Ceil Connelly. She was also inducted into the hall of fame in 2001. She was an awesome person and a great SCUBA instructor. I was very surprised to learn about all of her accomplishments. I truely feel I am a better, safer diver because of her instruction and love of scuba.

Was Audrey Mestre inducted before or after her fatal accident? The story on her and Pippin that was done in Sports Illustrated last month was one of the saddest I've ever read. ;-0

I hope she returns to Earth in her next life as a dolphin -- the most free swimmer in the ocean.

I will answer my own question because I am new ..sorry Zale Perry is already in there! I did not read 2002 .

No idea about the others, but I don't think Audrey Mestre should be on the list.

Free diving looking for absurd records is not a sport, it's just another way of committing suicide.

She succeeded, that's all.

Pipin didn't do her a favour by deciding that all enquiry results will be kept secret.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom