Work Dive at Seacrest ~ Saturday March 26, 2005 at 11am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We need to do some work maintaining the boundary line around the Seacrest Fishing Pier at Alki.
Spring is here and with it comes plenty of new divers. The ferry will begin running again on May 1st.
I'll be leading a work dive at Cove 2, we will meet at 11, and the first dive will be at noon. We need to scrub the line, move and attach some cinder blocks, and attach additional jugs.

Come on out and join me, there are plenty of tasks.

We need to start the diver-education program again too. Four of my last five dives at Cove 2 I've seen divers in the restricted zone ... two of those times they were diving under the fishing pier!

Perhaps a six-foot high chain-link fence would be more effective ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sorry, the date was in the title, I swear!!!! Anyway, Saturday. March 26th at 11.

NWGratefulDiver:
We need to start the diver-education program again too. Four of my last five dives at Cove 2 I've seen divers in the restricted zone ... two of those times they were diving under the fishing pier!

Perhaps a six-foot high chain-link fence would be more effective ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've always been in favor of the antisubmarine nets that stretch from the surface to the bottom.

Thanks for the update, Uncle Pug.
The plan for Saturday is simply cleaning the boundary rope and hanging additional jugs. Standard recreational SCUBA gear is all that is required for anyone who wishes to volunteer. Depths will range from 105' to 10'.

The City of Seattle has the proper permits now, so I think we will actually be allowed to place surface buoys in Cove 2 & 3 sometime later this year. We thought we would be able to place them last year until a last minute SNAFU threw a wrench into the plan. When it comes time to place buoys we will likely host 3 or 4 work dives to work out the placement, anchorage and rigging.

Can you elaborate on placing the buoys? Like possible locations?

Any way we can get on placed for the beginning of the Ibeams at cove 2? (just a pipe dream)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom