Working out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

these days, it's five times a week, four involve weight training. It has nothing to do with diving...it's purely middle-aged spread control. Muscles are looking firmer, though. Makes the tank easier to haul.

Ever since I was in high school, I have always loved working out and how it made me feel. In the last 6 months, I have been hitting the weights pretty hard working only one body part per day. On my last trip out to the Flower Gardens in March, I was throwing my 'diving' weight around like it was nothing. What a difference it has made! I also do the spin classes at the gym for some cardio. Talk about a workout. I recommend it to anyone who's never tried it.

Cindy

I ride my bike about 5 times a week.Would like to start weight training but the best gym is always wall to wall guys.Who'd of thought on a military post.lol Plus being so new to weight training I hate feeling like a goober around tons of people but dout I'd lack for willing treachers if I asked for help that too would be a problem.Guess I need to just do it.

Jen

Thanks for all the replies. I am working out so that I can carry my equipment easier. Lifting weights has helped me with shore dives since I can now get into and out of the water easier.

Yes ...I agree . I started doing weights about 6 months ago as well as an aerobic workout. I work out 5 days a week , about 2 hours and dive or swim on weekends . It has increased my stamina and strength , I do not get sore anymore after diving.

dive ,dive dive....
:wink: :) :tree:

I don't work out at all. Infact I hate sweating and avoid it at all costs. I can carry my own equipment no problem. I don't know if I am in the minority or just lucky. :confused:

I swim 3/4 days a week, I was doing long distance crawls but now am trying to pick up the speed a bit to simulate rougher sea conditions (I'm doing a sea swim for charity this summer, the Bundoran Bay Swim, donations welcome).

>>i've become a fanatical believer in weight training, especially for women<<

I try to do some weight training too as I also believe in it. Women are so weak that any weight training at all works wonders! I did it before and it was so much easier to carry things.
I do some back exercises to keep the back muscles strong.

annie once bubbled...
Women are so weak that any weight training at all works wonders! [/B]

I totally disagree with this statement. Although women are the weaker sex, not all women are or should be put into that pigeon hole. Most of the women I know are very physically fit and can hold their own while doing physical labor beside most men. Yes there are women who are not able to keep up and need the extra training. I guess I just grew up in an environment where being a woman wasn't and isn't an issue when it comes to lugging gear or piling wood or doing manual labor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom