Working out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I work out a minimum of five times/week...for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I feel so much better when I do and have a propensity to eat healthier on the days that I've gotten exercise. Growing up on a farm in Wisconsin turned me into a "meat and potatoes" woman, but being of petite stature (the Japanese side) and curvaceous figure(the Swedish side), any extra weight I carry from "overindulging" shows up on my frame immediately.

I'm not a gym rat though...I prefer outdoor activities such as rollerblading, hiking, running, rock climbing, sailing, swimming, etc. I do, however have free weights and an elliptical trainer at home that get used frequently, for the days when weather is not cooperative....tends to be the case more often than not where I live!

for one hour three times a week. I run 3 miles on the other days, and I lift weights.

I alternate between the weight machines and free weights. I also do cadio machines like the eliptical glider and the stair stepper when I don't want to run. I try to vary my routines. It keeps me from getting bored and I also like to work all areas of my body.

Obesity runs in my family, so it's important that I exercise to maintain a healthy weight. I don't want to end up with diabetes or heart disease which almost everyone on both sides of my family seems to have. It's scary. I guess being scared that I could end up that way keeps me moving. LOL

Back
Top Bottom