world's deepest scuba dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mariuszm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
anybody knows the tables/gases Nuno Gomes used for his world record scuba dive 318m

Good luck in your quest for this information. Personally I hate it when we focus on world depth records,because that leads to someone wanting break a record,and this usually results in a high body count total.

My boss person kinda help organize all the gear they used and obviously I drove him crazy with questions once I found out that he knows Nuno Gomes and all that he said about the mixes is the Nuno ain't telling any one. Guess if you get into tech diving it will all start to unfold
but I think one can look at the usual suspects Helium,neon hell I think maybe even a little bit of hydrogen

Good luck in your quest for this information. Personally I hate it when we focus on world depth records,because that leads to someone wanting break a record,and this usually results in a high body count total.

I think it was George who said all this depth BS was stupid cause if you walk into any Louisiana bar and say you did a 1,000ft dive everyone would yawn, turn, and ask you for how long and how much you got paid.

World depth record + $5.00 will get you a latte at Starbucks.

i can till you it was like .8% oz for bottom mix but there are going to be lots of gas swits on the way down lol and way to much math for me to look at it and i dont feel like dieing

I think it was George who said all this depth BS was stupid cause if you walk into any Louisiana bar and say you did a 1,000ft dive everyone would yawn, turn, and ask you for how long and how much you got paid.

Rule X: Stupidity is inversely proportional to how interesting your feats are to weirdos sitting in bars.

I bet the reaction would be the same if he walked into a Louisiana bar and said you were the director of the WKPP. :lotsalove:

Nuno Gomes does not hold the current record. His record was beaten just 3 weeks later by Pascal Bernabe, sponsored by Ralf Tech (330m). Look up Ralf Tech and Pascal's dive is described in detail on their site (including stops, gas mixes, equipment, the dive itself, etc).

As far as depth records go, there's nothing wrong with them. :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom