worst seasickness stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid:
If barfing were an olympic sport, I'd be Mark Spitz.

lol, I hear ya! I've been seasick pretty much every time I've been on a boat, but it's always been nausea, sweating, dizziness- never actually throwing up.. Until the last boat trip a couple of weekends ago :yuck: Started off my morning with a Bonine (took 1 the night prior as well), a bagel and a banana... Drank a little bit of coke, which usually helps to settle my stomach, and also some water to prevent dehydration. Felt fine for the first part of the trip out to the dive site- but when I got in the water the queasiness hit (which was unusual- normally being in the water makes me feel better).. I did the dive, and felt a little better underwater...Surfaced, made it back to the boat and the second I got aboard, it hit me- "I'm gonna be sick!!!" Didn't even have time to get my gear off before I was hurling my breakfast over the rail...
Figured "ok, now I'll feel better"... WRONG! I puked during the entire SI, and was so weak that I couldn't do the 2nd dive.. Fed the fish 5 or 6 times- I got to the point where I didn't even bother to sit back down.. I stayed leaning over the rail with a towel wrapped around me (I was shaking) the rest of the time on the boat.. Well, as the saying goes 'misery loves company'- there were about 6 out of 19 people on the boat who were sick with me.. blah! :l:

During a high school field trip in which we traveled from Italy to Greece by boat. I was clearly feeling nauseus, after eating 2 large portions of whatever it was that they served and going immediately to the pub where people were smoking heavily and drinking. Cigar and cigerettes smoke is definately my trigger. Fortunately I didn't puke cuz I managed to fall asleep until we got to port. Felt sorry for my roommate though, he was puking and the toilet was plugged up. He was shaking,and it was the first time where I actually got to see someone turn green. I didn't think it was possible, that it was a myth, but he was actually green. Anyways yeah it took him two days to recover once we got on land. But damn, I felt sorry for the guy, he couldn't even fall alseep while he was on the ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom