Worth a trip to the North Side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... Half Moon Bay, unless of course you don't consider Half Moon Bay to be part of West End either.

Which Half Moon Bay were you thinking about?

:rofl3:

, unless of course you don't consider Half Moon Bay to be part of West End either.

Your not seriously trying to suggest that anyone considers the eastern end of Sandy Bay West End are you? Of Course Half Moon Bay West End is West End, But Spooky Channel Sandy Bay is Not, Is AKR in West End as well?

And if your talking AREA, Look at the map and mileage and you will find that when you consider ALL of what is Roatan, French Harbor is actually the West End rather than East End although it is closer to the midpoint , Now Media Luna or Half Moon? Hmmmm

While I enjoy a good technical discussion as much as the next guy, for example the West End/West Bay area could actually be considered to be the west side of the island given that the shore actually runs north/south from West End Point to Gibson Point, the only part of the island that does so, and then turns to a northeast/southwest orientation, hence the "north" shore designation, I doubt the rest of the posters looking for useful info on diving would be as entertained.

And you are correct, there are multiple Half Moon Bay's in the Bay Islands, I can see how someone might be confused by my reference to the one near West End when we are having a discussion about the West End. At this point I think I'll just choose to disengage from this discussion.

I doubt the rest of the posters looking for useful info on diving would be as entertained.

You are correct, that is why I stuck with the names most people and gudebooks refer to, Most everyone Consider West End and West Bay "North Shore" And Spooky Channel Sandy Bay, also North Shore and Not West End Although as far as Realtors are Concerned it wont be long before My place in Flowers Bay is called West Bay or West Bay East,

good info thanks. I'm planning a vacation to Roatan in late April for about 9 days (more if i can get away)

I've been diving for 3 years,so of course I looking forward to as much diving as possible. my wife does not dive.
I take our 10 year old son out snorkeling and he loves it. I'm doing my Roatan research. The West End and West Bay Beach is probable
the best place to lodge because it has more activities and beaches for my non diving wife correct? I also don't mind diving some of the site in this area, but I also want to dive some of the other more remote diving site.

any suggestions, ideas or thoughts?
thanks
ps I think I hit the wrong button :) you guys are way above my geographic knowledge of Roatan to say the least......

Back
Top Bottom