Would you "need" to be recertified?

Have you done at least 30 dives in the last three years?

• Yes, I've done billions and billions (at least > 30)

Votes: 65 94.2%
  • No, I;ve done LESS than 30 dives

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
I've done hundreds of dives in the last three years. But what kind of dives were they? I have one card that says I can dive an mix of helium, nitrogen and oxygen to a depth of 330 ft. I have not done 30 dives to 330 ft. In fact I've never been to 330 ft not even in training.

Numbers of dives are decieving. I could go to the local 30 ft deep quarry where there's no current or waves and easily do 6 dives per day like I used to do when I was teaching alot. Or I could go cave diving where I get in 1 or two dives in a whole weekend. One being a setup dive and the second being the real dive. In that situation you don't rackup many dives but compare the dives. I don't do that 30 times in a year and what if I don't do it 30 times in three?

When I go to Florida to cave dive dive I do only one or two dives per day. Again though look at the dives.

Numbers don't mean squat unless all else is equal and all else is rarely equal. This pole doesn't take that into account.

Amen, brother.

I've only done about 48 dives in the last 10 months. I've been snorkeling for conch and spear fishing about 60 times. but I think I could go without scuba diving for 2 years and get right back into it if I'm in the water all the time with mask and fins. It's a lot about your comfort level. I have a good friend who hasn't dived for 20 years but still surfs in Hawaii. He came here last month and had the same air consumption as I had on his second dive. Water is his friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom