Would you recommend DAN insurance if road-tripping within United States?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying that we're not exotic in Tennessee? :)

Well, actually not so much, but we do have a decent number of quarries set up for diving.
If I'm a non-Southerner then yes hahaha Tennessee is exotic

Just wanted to say here that I've successfully dived in a quarry, in Tennessee, and made it back home in one piece, no hypothermia or haunted quarry ghosts or other scuba hazards. Whew! I had a feeling quarries would be safer than the tropics and for now that's what I'm sticking to until I can save up enough for another international flight again

I looked up and I see they have standard, master and preferred plans. Can anyone give me a ballpark price? Saw coverages, but, oddly, no prices.

I looked up and I see they have standard, master and preferred plans. Can anyone give me a ballpark price? Saw coverages, but, oddly, no prices.
Price varies by state, as insurance is state regulated. You should be able to put your info in and get a quote. I’m pretty sure that’s what I did before I purchased.
You might also find that not all plans are available in your state.

Erik

I got the Master plan and it cost me $82. But I will say I went by use-case for which plan to choose, cause I noticed that the Master plan looks like the cheapest of the plans based on coverage ranges, and for me in particular, I did NOT want coverage for "Non-Dive Accidents while outside Home Country" cause I ain't diving outside the intercontinental United States!

Price varies by state, as insurance is state regulated. You should be able to put your info in and get a quote. I’m pretty sure that’s what I did before I purchased.
You might also find that not all plans are available in your state.

Erik
Seconding this. I just purchased my DAN insurance last month and they did make me put in my state first before giving me the price quote

Back
Top Bottom