WPB Rpt Mar28 - Last of the Lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
All of March has been rougher waves then past years. Got out today to flat seas in calm winds to close out the 22/23 lobster season which has been very good to us (remember the huge lobster walk in October?).

Viz was 119ft & blue because that's how deep I was diving and I could see the reef from the surface. Temperatures were 74° on the bottom and current on the bottom was only one knot but the surface current was two and a half knots and ripping the dive reel from our hands.

20230328_124359.jpg

Bug limit picture, but the boats picture below is a half dozen Freeman boats worth around $3 million coming past us and headed back north from the weekend boat show.

20230328_101347.jpg

Last picture is Blue heron bridge right before you launch the boats and go diving at the bridge. It's down to two lanes and they're starting to cut concrete. The beach is completely fenced in and closed. Talked with Jeff Nelson of Force E at the bridge. Notice the name on the truck,,,, but I don't believe it.

20230328_074002.jpg

April's a quiet month with almost everything closed until May 1st. But it's is a big migration month with tiger sharks, leatherback turtles and pilot whales swimming through our backyard, so call your favorite dive boat!. Many thanks to Steve and BJ for inviting me today plus the cool shirt!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom