Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were just on the Jodrey on May 20, Wayne took us out, it was 9:00 am and cloudy so the darker than hubs of hell reference stands. Vis was pretty good but the water temperature was a little harsh at 44 deg. F at 190' and 49 deg @ the surface with a total run time of 88 minutes we were chilled by the end.

You had said that when you were on the St. James that IT was cold, I didn't remember it being that cold so I looked back through my log........42 deg F at depth on July 25,.... so you were definitely right.

As for the Northwind we leave out of Tobermory and stay on Captain Ray's boat The Dawnlight a beautifully restored Great Lakes tug that is a live aboard. This trip we book through Dan's Dive Shop in St Catherines and is usually sold out a year in advance. We spend three solid days above the wreck and dive from breakfast till after dark. Temp was about 44 deg F in September and the wreck starts at about 80' at the bow to about 130' in the engine room

Check out the following

Northwind

Does anybody know any charters going to the Northwind other than the Dawnlight??? I have been looking around to some of the local towns up there in the north channel figuring someone must run charters up there. Even if it is a fishing charter boat! We have been givien a few leads but not yet found something.

Back
Top Bottom