Wrecks 08 this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickm401

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Wrecks 08 is this Saturday at Keefe Tech in Framingham, MA. There is a lot to be excited about with this year's show, beginning with the great line up speakers, exhibitors and gear (including the Dolphin, Evo, Inspo, Kiss, Lar V, Meg, Prism and rEvo rebreathers), artifact and photo displays.

The raffle has over $2,600 in prizes, with the top prize being a canister light donated by DeepOutdoors. Other prizes include a DUI undergarment, lights, strobe, several charters, trimix fills, Gift Certificates to Skydive in a Vertical Wind Tunnel, knives, wrecks reels, books and even a tattoo or piercing gift certificate!

We have also extended VIP passes to Bob Foster, Slav Mlch, Dave Faye, Paul Blanchette and Don Morse in recognition of their achievement this past summer in diving the Portland, lost on November 26th, 1898 in 460 fsw. I would invite you to start a conversation with any of these gentlemen to learn more about their amazing dives to the Portland. If you miss them on Saturday, Bob will be presenting his video from the Portland dives at the MWDC meeting January 13, 2009.

If you have not already purchased your tickets, they will be available at the door for $20. Registration is from 8 to 9 am with the first presentation starting at 9 am. There will be a Pushcarts truck for coffee, breakfast, beverages and lunch on site.

Additional details and directions are available at Wrecks 2008 - MetroWest Dive Club

Should you have any comments or questions regarding Wrecks, please contact me at r_mar@comcast.net.

Also, one board member has donated a certain number of tickets for me to distribute to the diving community. Due to the support we've received from ScubaBoard members, we're donating a free ticket to the first three people who email me at r_mar@comcast.net with SB Ticket in the subject line. We appreciate the opportunity to promote our monthly speakers and I thank those who have taken the time to attend a meeting.

We look forward to seeing you at Wrecks!

Safe Diving,

Rick

Hi Ed,

While MWDC will have no problems with this, I'll have to leave it up to each speaker. I know most of them won't have a problem, but would prefer that we ask as a courtesy.

I'll be meeting with the speakers prior to the show and will run this by them, so just catch up with me that morning. Feel free to ask anyone with a MWDC Volunteer badge where I am and I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks for the interest and I'll look forward to meeting you.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom