Wrecks and small crowds...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chibracdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just got back from the Brac and Craig and Erica from Indepth were great. We only had five divers Sunday and Monday and everyone had a great time. Their new boat "Karma" is very cool. The reefs were in good shape as Paloma did not have any major surge along with the winds. Saw one small lionfish and one of the other divers tagged the spot. Dove a bunch of new sites, Rock Monster is first rate. The swim through to the wall is one of the most dramatic views I have had in the water for some time. All in all, A+, our accommodations, diving, dining and snorkeling. The Brac is heaven on earth.

A buddy and I are taking the family back to GC in July, so after talking to him, I think I need to change my original plans of diving east side. He likes to dive wrecks and I like smaller boats. I have used Divers Down in the past, but at times the size of the crowd grew rapidly. Can anyone shed some light on the ability, if any, to dive wrecks on GC and who might be more inclined to do so, along with diving in a smaller crowd. I realize I am asking a lot, but I haven't dove on GC for a few years now and need to lean on every one's expertise. Thanks.

Honestly, there isn't much. The only recreational level wreck dives on GC I can think of off-hand are: the Oro Verde, the Doc Paulson, the Balboa and the Nicholson. The last one is a shore dive. Most any West Side dive op will dive the other 3. But these wrecks are pretty broken up and, IMHO, nothing special. Nobody comes here to dive wrecks, really.

Alex, thanks. Thats what I thought, but I still wanted to run it up the flag pole. If we stay west I'd still like to stay away from the crowds, is DD still the way to go?

I am looking at a private charter with Absolute Divers on GC. We will be on GC from July 10-17. Is anyone going to be on island at that time and interested in sharing the charter? I have two divers. Three to four more would make this rather inexpensive. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

The wreck of the Cali is also a shore dive. It is quite shallow and also popular for snorkelers.

My son and daughter are doing the resort course dive on the Cali with DD. If things go well we will work towards getting them certified. My oldest daughter was certified at 13 and her resort course was at the Cali with DD. I am still up in the air as to what I want to dive next month. I haven't dove GC for over three years so any input from everyone is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom