Wrinkles December '04 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So there will be people there friday night? I'll probably drive down then on friday, anyone up for a dive on friday night?

You are supposed to working!!

Signed Surface Support Long Beach :wink:

jetfixer:
I am currently in Honolulu and am on my way this afternoon to the North Shore to check it out! :eyebrow:

I'm up in Santa Barbara and I've been seeing some decent surf up here too, we'll just have to see how it goes, I've never been to Leo Carrillo so hopefully it'll be okay. I was checking the buoys and the Pt. Conception buoy had almost 10 ft swells and the SB Channel buoy was between 6 and 8... hopefully it might die down there.

In any case it looks like the weather this weekend will be GORGEOUS. Wish I could be diving right now.

The latest forecasts for Malibu don't look too bad. Seems like Malibu is the best place to be for the least amount of surf. They're saying around 3-4 feet this weekend:

http://cdip.ucsd.edu/?nav=recent&su...C&pub=public&map_stati=1,2,3&xitem=fp_lac_000

On the other hand, looks like Manhattan Beach is gonna take a lickin'.

I just hope there's a lot of kelp at Leo Carillo so I can try out my new spring straps, and glide right thru without getting snagged.

Okay, I've gotta go get my tanks filled...............

I am so so so so sorry to say I will not be able to attend this weekend’s dive. I would love to be able go and was looking forward to coming. I even had to cancel my camping reservations.

Looks like a new family tradition is starting in my house. The whole entire family meets the weekend before Christmas to have din din together and open gifts. Somehow i can’t bring myself to ask to be excused from this event to go diving so I will be home this weekend.

Hope you guys can divy up my portion of the BBQ items. Sorry again...This will be one of the longest stretches that I have been dry. =(

Have a great time…

I do have all of next week of though and may try to sneak a dive in sometime during the week if I can rally up a sitter for Anthony.

Ana

We always get extraordinarily lucky when it comes to this stuff during a Wrinkles Dive! :crafty:

Whatever it looks like, a great time will be had by all.

Christian

We're going to miss you Ana! :11:

I wouldn't have told my family that I was going to miss a Christmas gathering with them because I was going diving instead either. Unless, of course, I was going to some far away exotic place! :eyebrow:

Anybody who can claim any of the items that Ana was going to bring, let me know here in the thread. I'll update the list late tonight when I get home from teaching my students all about the wonders of ISDN. Just that statement probably put some of you to sleep! :D

I'll bring the plates.

We still need the following:

ketchup - wrinkles
mayo - wrinkles
mustard - wrinkles
lettuce - wrinkles
tomatoes - wrinkles

Christian

Christian,
I just got your phone message. We'll call first thing tomorrow morning to make reservations for Saturday to cover the ones she cancelled. :bash:

I assume we just ask for the "nonspecific" site for 8 people and 1 car, and they'll assign us a site near you when we arrive on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom