Wrist mount vs console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uberspeed:
A quick-disconnect solves this with the console version.

How easy or likely is it to get a rental regulator set with the right QD?

Pete

Aren't QD's standard? I thought they were. From past paintball equipment experience I found them all to fit, regardless of OEM. From what I have seen thus far in SCUBA it appears no different. If they are different, then my mistake. I suppose at the worse you could pack the console and hose since those seem to be rather standard across the board.

uberspeed:
Aren't QD's standard? I thought they were. From past paintball equipment experience I found them all to fit, regardless of OEM. From what I have seen thus far in SCUBA it appears no different. If they are different, then my mistake. I suppose at the worse you could pack the console and hose since those seem to be rather standard across the board.

The QD for the console will be for high pressure to service the SPG and AI if so equipped. I don't know if HP QDs are standard, The BC connector sure does not seem suitable. I don't know what shops think about breaking down their standard issue rigs to let a renter hook up their own instrumentation. I'm sure some would say take it or leave it.

Pete

Wrist mount for all reasons stated.
Streamline console. ( I still have my compass in an Oceanic Scout console with SPG. Would move compass to wrist but get seasick and try and keep surface task loading to minimum)
Easy to download. (Yes QD is option)
Can be used with rentals.
If on left arm, can view while using BC inflator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom