Closed WTB men’s medium 7-8mm wetsuit or semidry

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you looked into Hollis Neotek 8/7/6? (I'd suggest a ML for 5'7" 150#. They seem to run a little small) This suit works incredibly well in our cold water rental fleet.

If you're going that thick, you might as well go to a drysuit.
There's no point in having a 7-8mm wetsuit unless you're snorkeling or surfing on the surface.
If you want to scuba dive cold water, and not wear 50 pounds of lead, then get a drysuit.

I have an unused Deep 6 7mm suit, Med. DM me if you’re interested.

If you're going that thick, you might as well go to a drysuit.
There's no point in having a 7-8mm wetsuit unless you're snorkeling or surfing on the surface.
If you want to scuba dive cold water, and not wear 50 pounds of lead, then get a drysuit.
I'm trying to reduce wear on my drysuit for shorter sump dives, and I've pretty thoroughly worn out my previous 7mm wetsuit.

I'm trying to reduce wear on my drysuit for shorter sump dives, and I've pretty thoroughly worn out my previous 7mm wetsuit.
You wanna carry that much lead back to the sump? Or do you have sump monkeys carry all your gear for you?

You wanna carry that much lead back to the sump? Or do you have sump monkeys carry all your gear for you?
With a 7mm suit, LP50s, and a Sidewinder, I use 2lb of lead which is purely for trim. OC on 50s I don't need lead.

In my experience a drysuit plus undergarment will tend to be bulkier and take more energy to transport, not to mention that drysuits have additional failure points which can necessitate turning a trip around due to regular wear and tear during travel to the site.

I'm not anti-drysuit, most of my diving is done dry, but thick wetsuits have their place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom