Closed WTB Small SS backplate

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kitty_Kat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm mostly open in terms of brand as long as it's in good condition. Does anyone have a small stainless steel plate they're looking to part with?

I could be willing to do a trade for a Halcyon SS standard plate if that's of interest...

I have two short stainless and one short aluminum on the shelf. They are preassembled with a one piece harness.
Subgravity brand.

A couple of options for you:

-Subgravity Short SS Plate (3mm) - Stainless Steel Backplate - SubGravity
is in stock right now and I believe it is similar length to Halcyon's Short plate (14"). 3.9lbs/1.78kg
-DiveRite XT Short Plate (I believe this is new?): Short Stainless Steel XT Backplate - Dive Rite
13.5 in (39.4 cm) length, 5.41 lbs (2.45 kg)

*Oxycheq's short plates are shortest option at 13" but sadly they haven't had SS in stock for awhile, just aluminum.

I have a short torso as well and have been using the oxycheq aluminum plate holding out for them to make more SS but not holding my breath on that.

A couple of options for you:

-Subgravity Short SS Plate (3mm) - Stainless Steel Backplate - SubGravity
is in stock right now and I believe it is similar length to Halcyon's Short plate (14"). 3.9lbs/1.78kg
-DiveRite XT Short Plate (I believe this is new?): Short Stainless Steel XT Backplate - Dive Rite
13.5 in (39.4 cm) length, 5.41 lbs (2.45 kg)

*Oxycheq's short plates are shortest option at 13" but sadly they haven't had SS in stock for awhile, just aluminum.

I have a short torso as well and have been using the oxycheq aluminum plate holding out for them to make more SS but not holding my breath on that.

My wife and daughter both have short plates made by Sub-Gravity. A couple of years ago, I posted a size comparison against a standard plate from Dive Rite with photos and measurements.

The Sub-Gravity short plate lists at $98.70 on their website. The new Dive Rite short plate retails for $189.00. I have nothing but positive things to say about both companies and their products, but I can say that my wife and daughter are both happy with their Sub-Gravity plates. My wife is 5'2" and our daughter is 5"0"...standard plates hung down past their waists and were not very comfortable. The Sub-G short plate fits them perfectly.

Both are available from Dive Right In Scuba, but the Sub-G plate is not listed on their website...you can order it from their brick and mortar store stock if you call them. They are very accommodating and easy to work with.

-Z

I have a Deep Sea Supply short SS plate and a DSS 20 lb wing my son used when he was younger. Willing to sell, would consider trade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom