Wyndham Cozumel to become adults only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pier, the beach & even what to expect below the water line is in my photo album. When I stayed at the Grand last Feb there weren't any charges for pick up at either the Allegro or the Grand but I think I'ver read that there may have been a recent change in that policy, but I doubt it.

CVCHIEF. What did you think of the Iberostar compared to the Grand? I don't remember seeing any kind of trip report.

Just got online to see what I could find about the Allegro. Found some absolutely scathing, terrible reviews from people that have been there within the last 6 months. One review was dated Feb 1, 2010. Said the food was terrible, rude employees, get used to the front desk because that is where they spent most of their time with problems. Got treated like hell at the front desk. If it could be bad......it was there. Also talked about that they had been there previously and loved it but it was under new management that couldn't care less about quality or customer satisfaction. Anybody been there within the last 6 months that could ring in on this?
Allegro Cozumel All-Inclusive, Cozumel, QR - Yahoo! Travel

I just talked to the Reef regarding my April reservation and they confirmed it is going adult only in the hotel section. They are opening some new things in the members area for kids to make up for it. Kind of sucks and I will be doing some questioning when I get down there. My son will be 18 this Monday so he's fine but my daughter who is 13 will be the one that feels it. It will keep out some of the day pass cruise ship people though.

Yeah, we've got a group of about 20 going in July (staying in the Regency Club/Member's Section).
1 person is 15 years old.
This really sucks.

The Wyndham should have allowed pre-existing reservations (with children), to use the entire facility.

I'm waiting to see if they really improve the Regency section (the only area of the resort that is still "family-friendly"). When I called them, I was told that they will be adding the following to this section:

"Dinner" restaurant (where the sales office was located),

Snack area (hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, chips, dip, etc) at the Member's Beach Bar area,

Watersports area for "non-motorized" water sports.

While this is an improvement, the only 15-year old in our group will be confined to the Regency Club, and not be allowed to use the larger hotel swimming pool, and won't be able to visit the buffet, Roberto's restaurant, or the hotel snack area.

arghhhhhhhh.

I can't tell you anything about the food at the Allegro but I've read complaints about the food at every resort on the island including the Palace, so you have to go with the majority of reviews rather than a few. Many are wrote by people who either never stayed there, or had bad weather & hold the resort accountable, or owners / employees of competitors. Looking quickly at the reviews on Tripadvisor most seemed to rate the food as OK, and a few rated it better than OK.

Holiday Village White Sands (Cozumel, Mexico) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

My last stay was split between the Grand & Hotel Cozumel and we went with friends for the week we stayed at the Grand & none of us were impressed by the food there, yet the majority are, so everyone likes or expects different things when it comes to food so you have to weigh a lot of stuff trying to match a resort to a price range.

Thanks for the info and the link. It put it in a little better perspective. Talked to my travel guy and he said the same as you did. Like he said, these reviews were written on stays that were well off season when staff is cut and they really can't afford to run multiple restaurants continously.

Well it gets worse for the members. They are relocationg all the guests with children from the main hotel into the members area. Looks like they are gonna cram everyone in and keep us there. I am very upset about this, as I am anticipating a very crowded regency during spring break. I wonder whats next.

I am worried about a quote on the main site about a new family area, which I assume would be the regency area, but that might just be my paranoid self. Its been pointed out to me that this might just be an oversite on thier website until they update everything, I hope so.

Donna

Last edited:
We visit twice per year with kids. The kids will be divers someday. This decision is punishing the resort's best friends

Back
Top Bottom