Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am truly excited about this edition of X-Ray because Michael Menduno has given X-Ray permission to republish articles from aquaCORPS Magazine. It all starts in this issue with a piece by Bill Hamilton entitled “Call it tech-diving”.

If you’d like to automatically receive a free copy of X-Ray Magazine in your In Box eight times a year, follow the link to subscribe; Subscribe to our Newsletters

THE Global environmentally friendly digital diving magazine with a difference! Mouthwatering images, beautifully laid out with original stories.

It's free, it makes you think, it's online and you can now download it to your iPad. Back Issues | X-Ray International Dive Magazine X-Ray covers diving all over the World.

Some of the main features and highlights in this issue include;

X-Ray #42

• Azores
With glorious images, Portuguese underwater photographer and writer, Nuno Sá, shows us his favorite dive sites around the Azores Archipelago where he currently resides.

• Space Diving
Astronauts need to be under water to practice spacewalks, also known as Extra Vehicular Activities (EVA). Diver and underwater photographer, Christian Skauge, paid ESA’s Neutral Buoyancy Facility a visit.

• Grenada
The island of Grenada is affectionately known as the Spice Isle for its exotic spices of nutmeg, clove and cinnamon. Indeed, as we stepped off the plane, its warm, fragrant breezes welcomed us. Just a few hours earlier we were shivering in the drizzle and cold, wrapped in several layers of clothing dreaming of this exact moment. Kate, my cousin and photographer on this trip, laughed, “Oh my gosh, I think I’ll tear up my return ticket and violate my visa. I’m not leaving!”

• Whales
A tale of a drive-by fluking, text and photos by Scott Johnson; Whale Tales — Endangered dolphins collide with industrial growth in Taiwan; Researchers discover whale’s breeding grounds larger than expected.

• Mixed News
Costa Rica creates massive marine park; Prop-wash kills zooplankton; Zooplankton have a discerning sex life; Gulf seafood safe to eat says NOAA; Achim Schlöffel to dive across the English Channel; Virgin Oceanic plans to dive to 36,000 feet; Grasses can protect reefs.

• False Killer whales
"Once or twice in a rare Blue Moon, opportunity sometimes comes along and hits you on the head—or in my case, I was hit on the head—by a juvenile sperm whale...", renowned photographer and author Lawson Wood starts his narration from Dominica.

• Technical Diving
In 1990 a small magazine was launched that would have a big impact on a new aspect of diving - the emerging sport of technical diving. It’s hard to believe now but aquaCORPS was born before the age of mass internet access. In issue one, diving legend R.W. Bill Hamilton sets the scene with a piece entitled ‘Call it high-tech diving’.

• Photography – Composition
Composition for underwater photography, text and photos by Matt Weiss and Joseph Tepper.

• Portfolio
Quilts of underwater scenes and macro life by American textile artist, Betty Busby.

Plus our columnists... Bonnie McKenna's Turtle News, Whale Tales from Kelly LaClaire, Travel News from Scott Bennett, Equipment News from Roz Lunn and Arnold Weisz and Photo Equipment News from Don Silcock.

Enjoy!
Download your free copy of X-Ray Magazine here (file format: pdf)

X-RAY MAG #42 contains 94 speads (double pages)
Hi-res version is 26 Mb (96dpi pdf)
Low resolution version is compressed to 14 Mb (72dpi pdf)
iBook version is 46 Mb (144dpi pdf)

►► Full Screen version of X-Ray Magazine - best resolution
http://www.xray-mag.com/pdfs/xray42/X-Ray42_locked.pdf

►► X-Ray Magazine - compressed low-res version
http://www.xray-mag.com/pdfs/xray42/...dpi_locked.pdf

►► iBook-version for iPad – uncompressed pdf
http://www.xray-mag.com/pdfs/xray42/...ook_locked.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom