X1 - Can't use a Mac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought an X1 today. EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED, SEE BELOW (only need to use windows for initial setup)

Trying to install the firmware. V-Planner or Multideco, whatever works.

And yet I can't use my Macbook??

No; I don't want to set up VMWare or Parallels or whatever and shell out MORE money for a windows license.

Am I missing something huge here? Just asking because the X1 seemed too awesome for this... and I have a dive in 2 days I need it ready for!!

Last edited:
Your issue isn't with the X1, but with the software. The drivers for the microprocessor the X1 uses have never been available for the Mac--I went around and around about this with Ross Hemingway when I bought mine. The easiest way around it would be to install the software using a friend's PC. I have Parallels and Windows XP on my Mac, used only for this one task. I'm hoping someday Ross can get this fixed--I think he would if he could. If you absolutely don't want to deal with it, the Xeo comes with Buhlmann GF installed.

Oh.

Hypothetical - If I got the firmware installed; I still couldn't connect to my Mac to download the dives, etc?

Maybe I'll do this Virtual Machine thing after all.

I'm not trying to come across as mean to the manufacturer; I'm just extremely frustrated that I dropped $1300 on this thing that I suddenly can't use.
(the website shows a Mac compatible software version at V-Planner Live VPM-B dive decompression software - download BUT the Mac link is 404)
EDIT: The link has been fixed. The Mac Dive Log manager software is available again.

I'll research the matter further.

Last edited:
Baltic Deco runs both VPM and Buhlmann GF on the iPhone.

You need to install the program once only, and its a Windows only procedure. You can use any borrowed / friend PC, or work PC to do it. That should not be a problem for anyone.

There is a Mac dive log program version to retrieve all your logs on the Mac. So once your installed, you can live in a Mac only world again.

Regards

Reactions: Eff
You need to install the program once only, and its a Windows only procedure. You can use any borrowed / friend PC, or work PC to do it. That should not be a problem for anyone.

There is a Mac dive log program version to retrieve all your logs on the Mac. So once your installed, you can live in a Mac only world again.

Regards
Thanks!

Went to a friend's house who had a PC.
Installed / Registered the Live software, and downloaded the Mac software (the link was fixed right after I emailed support with the problem).

Now that I realize I can use my Mac to sync dives/checklists/backup/etc, life is a bit more awesome once again!

Thanks for the great customer service and response! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom