X1 charging adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Recently when removing the charging adapter from one of my X1s, one of the screws snagged in the adapter thread and subsequently broke... so, on Oct 3 I contacted Liquivision via the website help form (couldn't see any direct e-mail) asking about buying a replacement.

Ryan replied the next day with the kind offer to sell me a new charging kit for $200. After some back and forth I got a quote with shipping to China of $56 on Oct 9.

Already unhappy with the high price of the adapter (I bought this X1 second hand for $700) and after speaking to a friend, I asked Ryan to provide a shipping cost to Texas to try and save some money - I received his reply on Oct 12 tellng me he would need a phone number for the TX address, which I promptly supplied.

On Oct 16 I received an invoice from Ryan for $200 plus $36 shipping, and requesting payment by Paypal. I wrote back the same day and asked for a cheaper shipping method and an alternative payment method (since I don't use Paypal).

To date I am still waiting for a reply from Ryan.

Meanwhile, I went to the Dive Gear Express website, saw that I could get the kit for $195 with free shipping to TX, sent a query, recieved a reply (on Saturday to boot), placed the order (with secure online payment via credit card) , and received confirmation that it is on the way and should arrive in 3-4 days (from the order date).

So in summary: not impressed with LV's product, service or pricing; very impressed with DGX

Could be, but the response time is still poor and the price is high

Just got a reply from Ryan telling me he would get back to me on Monday with a new shipping price... so five days just to get a price, I guess they have to send out to Canadian NASA to calculate it

DGX seams to reply almost 24x7. I usually do some dives on the weekend and at night determine I need something. I order it and I almost immediately get an email and the next day the item is shipped. They are great. They are my goto store.

Back
Top Bottom