Xcel wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coquito:
Hi all,

I am looking for my first wetsuit. I have been eying an Xcel at my LDS. It's a 4.3 Infiniti dive fullsuit It is kind of pricey. Wondering if is worth the extra money. Anyone had experience on this type of suit? Opinios are welcome.

Thanks

Hi there, I have a 7.5 Excel and totally love it. Got it maybe 4 years ago. I now wish I had selected the option to have the hood attached to it, but didn''t. It is comfortable, quite toasty and actually FITS, unlike any other wetsuit I've tried. Takes a lot of lead cuz it really is bouyant (read warm!). Very comfortable underwater too, worth the money.

Another very happy Xcel client. The 7-6-5 infiniti semi-dry I bought two years ago is still going strong and was the only suit I tried on that really fitted everywhere. I am tall and slim, and somehow none of the other 20 or so suits I tried on seemed to fit. The Xcel fitted as if it was custom made for me. The only small issue I have with the infiniti is the zipper, that lets through too much water, in my opinion. If the zip would be a little more watertight, the suit would be perfect. I have dived the suit (with hooded vest) in 5°C water for 35 minutes. I was was not warm, but not freezing either.

As others have said, fit is everything. If it is easy to get into, it is too big. If it is even a little baggy anywhere, keep on looking.

Regards

Rudolf

How is the mobility in the Xcel suits? Are they nice and stretchy? I have an ONeill 3000x with the stretchy panels and I LOVE it. I would like to buy a 5mil and Xcel is one of the few manufacturers I have seen that make a 5mil that is also 5 mil in the arms and legs as well. Most seem to be 5/3. Would the Xcel be as comfortable (stretchy) as the ONeill ??

Scubadubes,
You are correct that Xcel is one of the few companies that offer a 5 mil one-piece. I was shopping around for a 5 mil one-piece to use in Mexico when Xcel presented their product line to the LDS. I invited to attend the presentation and inspected the suit very closely. I was convinced. I'll be wearing one on the next trip.
All the Instructors and DiveCons are switching to Xcel this season because of the comfort and quality. They offer good value in their products.
Enjoy,
Larry

I just bought a 976 xcel and it is the best suit I ever owned, I will be using it to clean under my boat in the winter months. I was told by other divers this is the best suit for cold water.

coquito:
Hi all,

I am looking for my first wetsuit. I have been eying an Xcel at my LDS. It's a 4.3 Infiniti dive fullsuit It is kind of pricey. Wondering if is worth the extra money. Anyone had experience on this type of suit? Opinios are welcome.

Thanks

In our PDC we sell the Xcel 4/3 Infinity system to about 80% of our recreational divers. The suit is about the best made one out there. Each part of the suit us cut and assembled properly. The pre-bent arms and legs make diving this suit a breeze. Also the thickness is right on. No short cutting here.

It's interesting but that wet suit material specifications are allowed to have up to a 1mm margin of error when they are imported. Many many suits that are marked at 3mm are actualy 2.5 mill or less and many 4 mil and 5 mill are thinner as well. Xcel suits are about the best you can get. Plus thier customer service cannot be beat.

I personally dive the 976 semi dry and the 5 mill polar. But most of the rest of my clients and staff all use the 4/3 Infinity system. The price is proper for this quality suit.

The only limitations to the dive time is something to breathe and staying warm.

Get one you will love it.

Regards,

^^^ Since his first post was in 2003, I would hope he got his wetsuit already...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom