XEN safety stop timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealsix14

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So i've been doing my research into the XEN but I was still wondering if it will calculate a safety stop time? Just a basic 15 foot safety stop.

Why would you want a LV piece of C*RAP? I have one, worst thing I have ever owned.. If you want a bottom timer, keep it simple. Look at a Hollis DG, Zeagle N2Itition, or uwatec.. A bottom timer should be reliable, a XEN is all but....

What's gone wrong with your Xen? Mine has been fine, and the battery life is more than respectable after the latest batch of upgrades.

Feel free to mail me your Xen if you don't want it.

Why should you have to upgrade a bottom timer? How hard is it to program something that can reliably tell you depth and time? I still think they have serious QA problems..

Using a stop watch to time a safety stop seems like overkill to me. Deco stops, maybe...

Why should you have to upgrade a bottom timer? How hard is it to program something that can reliably tell you depth and time? I still think they have serious QA problems..

Its new technology... If everything in the world was already perfect, we'd never see new stuff. And since the updates, its been exactly what I wanted. I knew going into it that there would be hiccups and to be patient, and it's payed off.

---------- Post added ----------

Using a stop watch to time a safety stop seems like overkill to me. Deco stops, maybe...

When the deco is twice or three times the BT, it becomes nice to have a stopwatch :)

OP, did you mean does it have a stopwatch, or an automatic feature that goes into safety stop mode?

If you meant the latter, its doesn't. Its a bottom timer not a computer.

Back
Top Bottom