YDT-14 & 15 Dive Report 2-9-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report. I'm glad to hear you all had a good dive and semi flat seas.

I'm definitely going to try to make it either next month or after May. I have AOW dives in April and my Deep air/Adv Nitrox dives in May. (Then again, I'm to the point I might just bite the bullet and go dive.. then feel the wrath of the boss lady.. haha)

*checks the date of the next YDT dives*

EDIT: Looks like May 10th. My AOW is on Aril 12th (same day as the YDT), March 15th, I['m going on a cruise (same day as YDT), and that leaves May 10th (as long as my deep dives aren't scheduled that weekend).

Excuse My ignorance but what's a SPS?

short polyp stony coral. It's the kind of coral that makes up natural reefs for the most part from my understanding.

They're usually not seen around here (so I thought?) because of the amount of slime/snot/dirt/sediment/etc.

I kept a large reef tank a few years back, that's why I'm using the geeky term :)

Here's an example from my old reef tank:
IMG_0914.jpg

Wow!! Ya'll notice the neatest things.. I saw a big ship...:wink:

Wow!! Ya'll notice the neatest things.. I saw a big ship...:wink:

You ARE blonde.... eh, ok, I too would've only seen the ship. :wink:

Thanks everyone. It was a great day and as everyone has already said Gary makes it fun no matter what we do. We also saw large trigger fish (the size of garbage can lids), rock lobster, nice size AJs and black snapper. All I could think was ...where the heck in my speargun. DM John tried to take a sheephead with a dive knife. To bad we didn't get video of that comic relief.

Again, Thanks Gary for a great day. The only thing that could have made it absolutely perfect is if Kristal would have been there. We missed you girl!

Walter you rock! I only dream of pictures like yours. Andreas, thanks for a wonderful night!:eyebrow: Denise, I love you girl! I can't wait for Coz. Only ten days to go!!!!!!! Where is Neal?

I can't wait for Coz either!! I cleaned all my dive gear from Saturday and it is hanging to dry and I am getting it ready to pack. Next dives for me will be in Cozumel!!

I left my gear in the bath tub and got on the plane for Corpus Christi. Damn it I just remembered that I forgot to wash my gear. Good Grief! I need a personal assistant!

This was defintely a great time. Can't wait till the next one.

Looks like May 10th.

Sounds like a good time for me.....after April 15th is always good for me. Springfest is April 19th and we've got to do that.

Back
Top Bottom