Yeah for me! But my wallet is crying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YIPPEE!! Got my new housing, arm and strobe. It all works,now. I had some trying moments when I first assembled it, but it was all operator error. I can't believe how much I like the Ultrlight arm! The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the Ike tray. I need to look around for a better design.
I will, also, be prowling the house with the camera set up (heavy though it is topside) and playing with the settings. If my neighbors see me......Oh, well......

jwnca:
You weren't kidding about the manuals! I think you got off easier, my FO cable didn't come with intructions in English. Thank goodness for pictures.

Yeah, kinda ugly, huh? I have exchanged email with one of their sales guys and he didn't seem to consider the lack of english manuals a problem.

I am still not 100% sure I got it setup right. I think you can download the manual for the fiber optic cable in English from the support link on their homepage. Good thing that was in English or I'd have never figured out the lens covering bit.

Seems to work pretty well now that I got it assembled though

limeyx:
Yeah, kinda ugly, huh? I have exchanged email with one of their sales guys and he didn't seem to consider the lack of english manuals a problem.

I am still not 100% sure I got it setup right. I think you can download the manual for the fiber optic cable in English from the support link on their homepage. Good thing that was in English or I'd have never figured out the lens covering bit.

Seems to work pretty well now that I got it assembled though

I was able to assemble everything and I've tested the package on land. For the most part I believe I have an understanding on the strobe's settings. The one thing I have no idea about is the magnet switch, magnet screw tightener, nor the advance cancel circuit switch. I wouldn't even know what to call them if it wasn't for the D-180 instructions online.

jwnca:
I was able to assemble everything and I've tested the package on land. For the most part I believe I have an understanding on the strobe's settings. The one thing I have no idea about is the magnet switch, magnet screw tightener, nor the advance cancel circuit switch. I wouldn't even know what to call them if it wasn't for the D-180 instructions online.

Yeah, I didn't screw with that stuff. The manual also seemed kind of self-contradictory. It seems to work with no magnet though. Also I stuck the red sticker over the strobe aiming light just for good measure even though that was unclear also!

Seems to work pretty well once you get it set up though (although the bag of "spare" parts I have left over is a bit disconcerting)

Keep that bag of spare parts, and carry it in your camera bag.

On my second trip with my D-180, the tiny set screw in the fiber optic cable fitting on the strobe came out and disappeared (If anyone finds a screw about 5 mm long off Curacao, it's mine...). Anyway, there was a spare that came with the camera, and this saved the strobe for the rest of the trip. Of course, I didn't have a screwdriver that size, and neither did the dive shop. We tightened it best we could there.

I now carry appropriate screwdrivers and wrenches for every adjustment on my camera, strobe, and arms. I am waiting for the TSA to decide that my set of jeweler's screwdrivers is a security risk and confiscate them as I'm boarding an airplane.

-Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom