Yeah, I guess that's it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The year draws to a close. I was going to head to warmer climes this coming weekend and eek in a few more dives but it seems that I'm finished for this, my first year of diving.

And I'd just like to toot my own horn by saying:

I made it that far. 50 dives since OW in April.

With any luck next season I'll pile 100 on top of that.

Yep, I'm hooked. And getting itchy to get back in the water... for Cavern class... one month from tomorrow.

That is so cool. I'm fired up for you, man. It took me most of my first 4 years to get to 50.

I really wanted to get in 100 dives this year, too... looks like it'll be somewhere in the 90s, and wrap up somewhere in the 140-something... I'll tell you what, I learned more on the last 30-something than I did on all of the previous 110 combined.

100 in a year - man. I need to mix in some shore diving, and I should get 100+ in 2004... its been like 90% boat diving, and trips get cancelled, fundage goes dry etc, etc...

Congrats. Keep sharing what's going on as you plow through the dives. Sometimes they're just dives... and that's cool. Sometimes you'll have a break thru, a light will go on, something will change, a skill will get mastered, you'll see something really awesome, etc.

Keep posting as you move ahead. Congrats again.

K

I wanted to make 100 dives this year, but life and work tends to get in the way. I find myself unable to dive 50% of the weekends, as I'm on call two weeks a month. So I kept diving, and by years end I'll be around 42 or 43 for the year. Not too bad for a middle aged man who doesn't currently own a boat. Will be better after I can afford my boat and can dive the lakes here in Michigan at will.

Congrats for making the mark! You are doing better than I am!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom