Year round diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've got year around diving here in Wisconsin as you do in Canada. Sometimes you just have to saw a hole in the water first.:wacko: .
I dove wet all year by filling my suit with warm water before going in. The trick as far as I'm concerned is having a warm place to change. Getting out of a wet suit when its 10 degrees Farenheight out isn't my idea of fun. My van works pretty good for that. I've got a dry suit this year. I really looking forward to ice diving with it. I did a shore dive in 42 degree water with it yesterday and it was awesome!
Anyway, find your self an ice diving class and sign up for it. Ice divings a blast and that will get you through the winter months.

Jim:D

Red Sea - water temps between 22°-28° (sorry, that's Celsius) year round, good visability, no clyclones, just a bit windy and choppy sometimes (well, can actually be quite windy).
Western Australia (Exmouth), they do have a cyclone season, but it's still diveable.

Mischief once bubbled...
somewhere tropical that doesnt get affected by hurricans and such. i should have been more specific.

Mischief

You may be out of luck. Warm waters usually mean tropical storms. So if ya want yar round diving, you have to put up with Hurricanes. They really aren't that common, and in the US, all you have to do is get insurance, or run to the government.

"We lost everything, and the evil insurance companies refused to insure us! You have to build us a new home! What? Oh, they refused because this same coastal area was flattened just 9 years ago by the last 'cane." The sad part is that the gov't actually pays these people to build yet again in the same spots only to drain the economy the next time a 'cane comes through. If you can't get insurance, TAKE THE HINT!

Actually, just an hour from the coast you are fairly safe and have easy access to great diving.

BALI.... It's got all kinds of diving:

- Reefs (everywhere)
- Wreck (Lady Liberty)
- Walls (Menjangan, Tulamben, Nusa Penida)
- Muck (Secret Bay)
- Cold water diving (Nusa Penida, Secret Bay) and warm water (everywhere else)
- Small critters
- Pelagics
- Boat or shore entry

365 days a year! I love my island! :)

Vancouver, BC
though the viz isn't the best in the summer.

The weather here is almost always mild. It is not too hot in the summer (and is never humid). It is not very cold in the winter.

The water temperature at depth is almost always cold though. Often it is in the low 50's F. If you have good exposure protection it is a great place to dive here year round though! The winter has the advantage that there are less swimmers at the beach.

Mischief once bubbled...
i was thinkin more tropical locations, with nice reefs. somewhere tropical that doesnt get affected but hurricans and such. i should have been more specific.

Picky, picky. I noticed that Oceanic is coming out with a mask with an intergrated HUD (http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/PopupImage.cfm?PL=comp&SL=hud), this will open up a whole bunch of dive sites for me (the one's where I can't see my gauges).

Everywhere there's water dude.

Southern and Central Coast California. The beaches are muddy after the winter rains, but the islands are always out there with better conditions.
Neil

Back
Top Bottom