Yet another chicken receipe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I've had this receipe for quite some time, and is one of my regular stand bys. Whipped it up for a dear friend over the weekend, since he raved about and asked for the receipe, thought I'd share...

Chicken Veronique
2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned, cut into medallions
2 tsp. butter
2 tbsp. orange marmalade
¼ tsp. tarragon, crumbled
¼ cup white wine
½ cup whipping cream
½ tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. water

• Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat.
  • Add chicken medallions and cook until golden on each side.
  • Stir in marmalade, tarragon and wine.
  • Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer to warm serving dish.
  • To pan add cream and quickly bring to a full rolling boil.
  • Blend cornstarch with water; stir into sauce.
  • Return sauce to a boil, stirring.
  • Pour sauce over chicken.

Serve with noodles or rice and light salad.

As a chef I'm allways on the lookout for interesting recipes. Though I had never thought of mixing tarragon and marmalade!After A few portions of Your chicken Veronique I Could See myself Needing to get a bigger wetsuit?! My Current Favorite Chicken dish is, strips of chicken coated in a Batter of cornflour(cornstarch) water and Cajun spices. Deep fried and served with a sweet Chilli dip. It's simple but it won't have me looking for a XXXL BCD.

I hear you... the whipping cream was the treat part for a special occasion. I've done the same receipe using whole milk and 2% milk... not as rich, but just as tasty.

I can just taste it !!! MMMmmmmmm good.

Hey DG, is that the one you made when we were on Saba? That was YUMMY!
Ber

Nope.... that was the one with lemon and capers... will post the full receipe later. That was another of my standbys, so I know how to cook it, but don't know the measurement of the ingredients off the top of my head.

Now to get you guys to eat tomoto and "green veggies"..... there's a challenge :wink:

AAAAACK! Not green! Bruce is the one who skips tomatoes. The chicken with capers was good though, was I skipping the capers :D I'd never even seen one before you made that dish.
Ber :lilbunny:

DivingGal:
Nope.... that was the one with lemon and capers... will post the full receipe later. That was another of my standbys, so I know how to cook it, but don't know the measurement of the ingredients off the top of my head.
Measure shmasure....a little of this....some of that...a dash of whatever this is....and wahla....Food fit for people, at least that's how I dress things up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom